New members of the Canada forum, introduce yourself here

Thanks!
Well, The first: I LOVE VANCOUVER SO MUCH!!!
Years where passing. I never was in Canada. I had a deep wish to know Vancouver, it was not possible yet. But, I have faith as well as I have love for it. If I think that I have not chance to go to Vancouver is just the oposite to my faith. I believe in God, If I cant do it...well, He can make a miracle! I have not doubth...a day I'll be there and my dream become a reality.
Greetings to you all.
Ricardo

I am an indian management+law grad (BBA.LLB) in my mid twenties looking for study options in canada. I am thinking of applying to the MBA colleges once i get a good score on the gmat. What are the job opportunities like?which colleges r good for a bba.llb grad from india with 1-2yrs exp. in a law firm and a decent gmat score?

My name is Esther Bande I am a Kenyan currently living in Nairobi, Kenya. I got admission to Centennial College and if my student permit application goes through, I will be moving to Canada early 2015. I wish to get as much information as possible on this forum about Canada and living in Toronto. TIA

Hi!
Am poshy 25. Currently living in Nairobi. I just  wanted to find out how you got admission to the college. Was there a fee you paid prior to the admission because  I got a college but am required to pay a fee before admission. Thanks

I was not required to pay any admission fee. I applied with my transcripts and English test results and got admission. The only thing I will pay is tuition fee.

Nice to know you...kisses

Hi am sujee from srilanka city of Colombo, happy to meet you.. :P

Hi everyone  :top:  :

I am Mavis, 26 yrs old, currently working in the healthcare industry in Singapore. I am currently looking at the possibilities of going over to Vancouver. *Canada is beautiful!*  I have already submitted my application for registration into the licensing board. I understand that it is going to be a long, tedious wait till I get it. Hence, I wish to minimize time waste & hope to do all the right steps to getting to work there one day. 

I hope to find friends who can advise me on what are the current policies in place with regards to the recruitment of international workers? What is my next step to take & how can I (try to) expedite the whole process? Is it possible to do everything by myself or is it better to engage an experienced agent to help me with it?

Thank you & nice seeing so many like-minded friends here... Cheers to our future!  :D

Mavis,

Greetings and welcome to Expat.com. Coming to live and work in Canada can be tedious process especially when you do it all by yourself. Are you looking to obtain  your PR first or getting a work permit? The later would be an easier option if you can get a job first and a company that is willing to sponsor you. When you use the word agent are you thinking of engaging the services of a recruitment agent, or are you referring to immigration lawyer? Assuming you are referring to an immigration lawyer, I would say that it would be ideal for one to pursue the services of an immigration lawyer as it helps to eliminate potential errors in ones application. You wouldn't want your application to get rejected. In any case, if the immigration lawyer is good and trustworthy, he or she would be a great extra pair of eyes to one's application forms.

Hey Philips,

Thanks for the prompt reply. I am referring to a recruitment agent. Currently I am in the process of getting myself registered in the Licensing Board. If I can get my registration, then I can start looking at getting a job there. I am looking at a (at least) 1 & 1/2 yrs process.

Mavis

Hi, I'm new here ... Mexican 34 years. Greetings all, I hope to talk to someone and make friends.

Hi! I'm Ricardo from Bs.As.
Do you live in Montreal?
I love CA!!!

Hi Ricardo!
Did you just move into Canada or you have always been there.. I would  love to move to Canada for a few years to study then go back to my country. ..but it seems very difficult.  Can you advice?

Hi, i am Trang. I am 35 years old. i've 1 son and 1 daughter. i've a BA in English and my husband is an IT engineer.  i am currently working at Interactive English School in VietNam. My husband's sister is living in Canada so we hope to move there to open a restaurant. But it seems difficult.....

I Roselne im 40years old since i was young my wish was to work canada now is the time im looking for job canada just help me to get eny house work their

Hello people!

Richard here want to explore cananda soon. Before me travelling i want to get acquainted with few nice human beings!

Cheers!

Hii
    I am shahulkhan 27 old and nationality indian now I am working in Bahrain as a sales executive in mondelez international.
I am very interested to move canada and find out a good job there
    I hold diploma in safety engineering and 3 year experience, I am expecting from expact blog all helpful things.........
Thanks to all. ..

Hey,great to hear from you,am from Botswna Gabs,great ambitions you have. Nothing stops us from dreaming,when we dream we can achieve anything-yes we can! :)

Hello My name is Okeowo Aderemi

I am an Application Developer from Nigeria, I have worked in Mauritius as a Web Developer and currently back to my country working as a freelance Web Developer, I have my dreams of becoming an Snr Software Engineer overseas so i can play with new technologies and create more fun stuff. Thanks hoping to get as more information. Thank you

Hi,
I am ajay Yadav I am interesting for Canada  for Civil Engineer job erlist and satelment in Canada

welcome in Montréal!

Hi, am Adeleke from Nigeria, am planning to come,  to Canada by the end of the year and will like to get some informations.Thou am coming for visitation, so I wan to ask can I extent my stay and also be granted a work permit, also while on visitation can I also apply for graduate studies and be given admission and my visa be changed to student visa without leaving canada.thanks in anticipatn of your responses.

Hi all
im from sri lanka.my name is Kosala.i like to move to canada and doing a job in canada.also i  can do any job in garment industry.tailoring .also i can do any job.

hi "Expat.com" thank you very much for your warm welcome but i don't know what expect from me to came in to Canada.so, please help me.

Hello my name Is lamine and i am a senegalese i expect to go and work in Canada. But the matter Is i dont know what to do. fi Thére Is someone here Who probably Knows the way
im listening to him

Hi.I'm looking at working and living in Canada.Starting the process and glad to be here

Hearty cheers :) to all. I am a  Nigerian and I want to apply to a medical school in Canada, pls give me info on medical schools in Canada that admits international applicants.tnx

Greetings fellow bloggers

I have always dreamed of living and working in Canada, you know that feeling of, I really belong somewhere else. Anyhow we tried in 1995 on a student/travel/work option, sadly my South African passport took 8 months and arrived after the 6 month window had closed.

Much routine since then has prevented further applications until now. Yet again there are many obstacles but this time I wont give up that easily. We are a family of 4. 2 boys, 12 and 13, my better half and me. I have an NQF 6 in Project Management and a PMP certification, 19 years experience as a Project Manager and heaps of construction experience.

Got 37 points wracked up toward my application, but without a job offer it appears the climb may become very steep.

We live in Pietermaritzburg, don't ask why, it just turned out that way. My goal is to secure meaningful employment, even if temporary, the family are prepared to stay here for a bit, and start a new life in Canada. Not sure where, I guess wherever the work is, but for some reason have Sask stuck in my mind.

What does my future hold? I had to put my studies aside, MSc Projects simply because of the Rand euro exchange. When I get that, next step is a PHD Projects and then eventually, my dream is to lecture Projects at a varsity somewhere. For the moment get as much Projects experience as I can, simply because it is without a doubt the best career on the planet..

If anyone can provide advice re what Sask is like, or for that matter provide some alternates, I would be very grateful. And of course the big one, anyone looking for a Project Manager in a construction related field, I'm your guy.

Hope to get over to Canada soon.

Regards

Justin Roberts PMP

dear sir I m rajni bala I m 30year .I m married .we have three mamber in my family. me my husband my child. my husband is business man my baby is student of thrid class .I have three master degree Ba.Msc-it.Mca.Ma-punjabhi.                My dream is I live in canada and do job .becouse my family also settle there they live in tranto

Hello every1

I am a bachelors in computer engineering, working in Information Technology field looking after Networks, I want to know about masters education in canada, and post scenario after doing masters, like getting job there,

[ Moderated : Expat.com is not a dating site ]

hi there i'm new to Canada currently living in Kingston for studying, i would love to meet new friends there to hang out and talk about our experience, if you are in Kingston send message :)

ITALIAN ARCHITECT LOOKING FOR  BETTER CHANCE IN CANADA
hello
my name is Sergio
after taking my bachelor degree in Architecture i worked some years in civil project offices, also woreked as teacher in public scool, computer graphics trainer and 3d graphic.
Actually, and also because of the effects of 2008 economical crysis (still persistent in Italy), i'm disappointed of professional environment in my country, and about chances it may offer, so i consider the eventuality  to work abroad.  i'd be glad to exchange impressions with sombody wo have been living and working in Canada, especially in the professional field im involved in. (Architecture and Design). Of course i dont'expect to find any "Eldorado" but what i'm looking for is a work environment trhat gives you a chance to live satisfactory with your job and gives opportunity to grown with your onwn capacities and efforts.
Any suggestion is welcome
regards
Sergio

Hello Sergio,

Habito in Montreal. If there is an opportunity, I send you. And I would like to live in Italy! Anna

thanks
if you need any information or report about Italy feel free to ask.
are you learning Italian ? (you say "io vorrei" if you mean "I would like" :) )
ps you're french or english mothertongue?
ceers/a bien tout
sergio

I am Getu Wolde living in the most south west of Ethiopia, South Omo Zone Jinka town lived here for 30 years after graduating forestry college Wondo Genet. My birth place is Addis Ababa which is the capital of the country. I am 56 and working as Kure Medicinal Plants Project Officer which is supported by UNEP and GEF of the United Nations. I have first degree in forestry on which I have experience as Natural Resources Conservation Team Leader and Mago National Park warden.
I like Canada from my boyhood till now but could not succeed but at this time if it is possible to find job there if not I need to have pen friend.
10Q very much

Hello all,

My name is opeyemi . I'm 29 currently working with a telecoms company in nigeria as a customer care representative
I registered on this forum to start already looking for information.
Am willing to relocate to canada to do my maters degree and I want a situation where I can work live and study.

Hi All,

I was born in Canada but grew up outside of Canada and only lived in Toronto for a few years while I went to University. I loved living in Canada but I moved back to where I grew up for work purposes.

I am looking to move back to Canada but all my work experience is non-Canadian. The field I'm in is Urban Planning and that makes the job search in Canada that much more difficult since it's such a geography specific field, in that one is expected to know the city or town they work in very well.

I've applied to many jobs and have had several interviews but they all end with the employer selecting someone with more familiarity with the city.

I would love to say that I'm willing to move back to Toronto without securing a job first but I'm very concerned about creating gaps in my work experience. I've been very consistent and have a pretty great employment record so far. I feel like suddenly working in retail will drastically lower my chances at employment in my field.

Any advice? Any similar experiences?

Hello, I would like very much to find a part time job in the Montréal area for the fall harvest . My friend is writing for me as computers are not in my vicinity . I have been to the Cuban Government in  Havana but have got no help from them . I want to know what papers I need and where to get them .  Can anyone help me ? I  would really appreciate it . Thankyou so much .              loboman

Hi all,
My name is Cleopatra, a true believer in God from the Bahamas. I am an educator looking for a job in Canada. I would prefer a job in a preschool or primary school which is where my expertise lies. I would be very appreciative to anyone that can point me in the right direction as I embark on this journey to relocate to Canada.
Any suggestions is welcome. You can massage me by email; [email protected]. Once again, thank you all.

Closed