Hair cutting in Maadi

Hey guys

Can any one tell me any good Mens hair cutting saloon here in Maadi keeping in mind that I don't speak Arabic and I have long straight hairs.

I really do not want any one having curl hair cutting experience to make my hairs test bed :) Currently I'm going to one place and he is charging me 25 LE but I'm not really satisfied and looking for another option

Take in consideration also that if you pay 25 le, you will get a hair cut for this ammount of money. Usually this is the way in Cairo as i know it.

well I'm paying 25LE coz i dont know any other shop :(

I had no intention to ofend you, was just a comment to how it works in Cairo :)

As i know there is no school for hair dressers in Egypt, even the famous ones they had the training done abroad or just they copy what they see to the others. Personal, i dont know Maadi well, all i know that mohamed sagheer is ok for men haircut and some of the staff do talk english.

hm. i thought hair-cutting was a universal language. Can't u just point at the: scissors, the barber, ur hair, and voila, its done!?
:)

Lol , I tried to make it simple to understand for all :D

Mariposa_Voice_for_Peace wrote:

hm. i thought hair-cutting was a universal language. Can't u just point at the: scissors, the barber, ur hair, and voila, its done!?
:)

My Stepdad used to go to a place behind CAC. On the same road as Dominoes Pizza. I can't remember the name of it, but he was always happy with them.

Hi Ali,

Just found an ad in CSA's Oasis magazine, place for guys called "Grooming Lounge" shop no. 6, building 1/2 Al Lasilky St in Maadi. tel: 25193028. Looks very nice but perhaps a bit pricey?

BTW if you have not been yet I recommend a visit to CSA, nice welcoming atmosphere, lots of things to do. I went there with friends on Thursday morning and realy enjoyed it.

What is CSA  ? :)

alimirza wrote:

What is CSA  ? :)

Community Services Association, between Maadi Grand Mall and Midan Victoria in Maadi. A big orange villa where they have a nice library, coffee shop, craft shop, gym, etc. Nice place to meet fellow expats.

They publish a monthly magazine, which is where I found the grooming lounge ad.

leprechaun1188 wrote:

My Stepdad used to go to a place behind CAC. On the same road as Dominoes Pizza. I can't remember the name of it, but he was always happy with them.

It's called Lucianos (not 100% sure of the spelling).  Good place.  Price is higher (was LE 65 last I knew) but it's deluxe treatment.  I used to go there sometimes when my office was a short walk from there.  There's another guy on Road 9 real close to the Cilantros and the Popeyes gift shop, in a little walkway between buildings.  He has been there for the 10 year I've been getting haircuts here and I've seen him do just abouts any kind of haircut I can think of, including "Rod Stewart wanna-be" stuff, right down to the coloring.

I just went to get a haircut from Lucciano Hair Styling in Maadi. The service was superb! I would recommend it to any man living in the area. The staff are very friendly and they will treat you like royalty. I paid 85 LE for my haircut and it was worth every penny!

Their address is:

14-209/210 st. Degla, Maadi

Phone number:

yes i think you could do it that way. It might work it might not. :)

@ Burrowsster > Just to inform you that you have posted on a very old thread here (2010), however this information can also help other members.

Can you please recommend this service in the Business directory > Hairdressers in Egypt please? It might help other members looking for the same type of information.

Thank you,

Priscilla  :cheers: