Heading to Humacao, recommendations?

My girlfriend and I are making our first trip to PR in October and are planning on staying the Humacao area, probably in or near Punta Santiago. We'd appreciate any thoughts you have on places to stay (we have a modest budget and don't need super fancy). Part of the reason we are coming is to start the process of getting familiar with the area. We're thinking of buying a bit of land and down the road building a home. So any connections or thoughts are most welcome!

Cheers!

As far as I know there are no hotels in that area.There is a beach parc where so called villas are rented out but I think it's not easy to get one of those short term.
About 15 minutes south from Punto  Santiago in Yabucao there is a nice and affordable Parador (simple family style hotel) We stayed there for a couple of days  some years ago and we liked the place. Walking distance from the beach, pool,basic restaurant. It's called Palmas de Lucia - you'll find it in Google. :)

Good luck!

Hey Snoots,
We live in the general area you are looking at. I would advise looking into Air B&B. There are some hosts in that area. You'll find a beautiful beach down there with warm water and filled with live sand dollars. There is a concern about living in town as it is flat, low and subject to flooding from the mountain run off and from ocean storms and hurricanes. We're up in the hills about 15 minutes from Punta Santiago. If we can help you out by showing you around just drop us a line via the forum before you arrive and we will help out all we can.

Cheers

Skip

Very kind and thoughtful of you, Skip!

Thanks so much Skip! We've seen what look to be some nice places on AirBnB in the area. We'd love to touch base with you when we arrive and pick your brain about what life in the area is like. Thanks again!