An International School in Kandy

Dear all,

I am planing to start an international school in Kandy.

If anyone interested to join please contact me.

Best regards
Thusitha Gajanayake
[email protected]

I would like to hear more about your project for an international school in Kandy.

I am working in an English language school in Negombo.

Regards

Christopher

Dear Chris,

I have returned to Sri Lanka just three months ago. I left the country 12 years ago to start my higher education in Switzerland. After completing my PhD, I have moved to Ireland and worked as a lecturer and researcher. Then moved back to Switzerland and worked as a scientist. I came back with a great intention to start a quality education institute in Sri Lanka. Now, I have free time to do some market analysis and I decided to start an International school in Kandy.

A quality standard international education is still lacking in the central province of Sri Lanka, Kandy. Although there are several international schools offering education facility in Kandy, they could not attract many local and foreign students due to lack of facilities and standard services. Kandy is the most beautiful place in Sri Lanka and its climate condition is ideal to establish a good school.

Currently, I am documenting a complete business plan including market analysis. To give a comprehensive answer to your question i.e. more about the project, I need to systematically finish the business plan which my take some times.

If you think that we can join hand I belive we can achieve it. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you think this is worthwhile attempt and not wasting your time.

Best regards
Thusitha
http://ch.linkedin.com/pub/thusitha-gaj … /8/b32/a97

Were you working at Insel Hospital, University of Bern?

What brought you back to Sri Lanka in mid career? You look rather young to be a returnee.

It's interesting that you should think of starting an international school following your experience.

Is Kandy your  home town? Or do you just like it for the climate?

Had you realised that an international school, being presumably a private school, will require BOI involvement if you want to recruit foreign teachers? The Ministry of Education will sponsor visas for foreign teachers only for government schools, not for private schools.

Dear Chris,
Thank you for the reply.
I have returned in February after my last job at Insel Hospital Bern due to some personal and family commitments. My daughter started school at Colombo International School, Kandy. We live in Matale, which is 25 km away from Kandy. Yes, Kandy and Matale are the most familiar places for us. 
Yes, it is much convenient if it is a BOI project. I desperately look some foreign partners who can contribute for this. If I am lucky to have some foreign partners then this is much easier in many ways. Things are not that easy but still I can try it. Everybody has a dream! We should try to make it happens whether it comes into reality or not.
Best regards
Thusitha

Hi,

u can see my advert same as u

Dear Chris,

You were interested about my topic "International school in Kandy" a while ago. Are you still interested on this topic?  I just wanted ask you something: I am planing to do a market analysis. Have you done something in this direction?  Do you have any documents explaining how to start an International school in Sri Lanka?

If you have some information I would appreciate your help.

Best regards
Thusitha

Yes I am still interested. I think that Kandy would be a good place to open a school. I have been talking to a Kandy resident who tells me that there is no international school in Kandy and that there is a deman for a good international school

Thank you Chris. I have to do a market analysis. It seems very hard because to get information about International schools. They are somewhere in Bermuda triangle! School administrations do not want to give information either.
Regards
Thusitha

Thank you Chris. I have to do a market analysis. It seems very hard because to get information about International schools. They are somewhere in Bermuda triangle! School administrations do not want to give information either.
Regards
Thusitha

I would like to start a school in Sri Lanka and can invest. I have good experience in running a school.