Dominican Republic Retirement Program

Yes any income earned anywhere in the world is subject to US income taxes. There is a deductible amount but still needs to be claimed on your tax forms when you file.  And yes EVERY US citizen needs to file a return every year no matter where you live or how much you earn.

Bob

Thanks for the feedback guys :D

Sirmpre!!!!  Meaning: anytime or always.

No probelma

Bob K

Bob we are on a roll....hahaha.

I know I have had 3 cups of coffee and a veggie omelet this morning so I am fully fueled :D

Bob K

planner wrote:

No that wont do it.  That is not income that is savings - can be used all at once then you have no income.

I read again the law... and then again :) and here is what it says under Art. 1:

"2) Passive Investors: Individuals that enjoy stable, permanent income, whose principal is
generated or is paid from abroad by reason of any of the following:
i. Deposits and /or investments in foreign banks;"

But only the interest generated from said deposits counts,  not the amount invested! Stable and Permanent are the key words!

Just wanted to apologize to 01234turj. He is right when he's saying one must have a history of 5 years back on receiving income in order to qualify as rentistas (as stated in article 64 of Reglamento 631-11). Again 01234turj, my apologies.

My wife Yngris and I are thinking about retiring in the Dominican republic. Does anyone have a link to a website to get the application form for the retirement visa application? Thanks in advance, Nick

My wife Yngris and I are thinking about retiring in the Dominican republic. Does anyone have a link to a website to get the application form for the retirement visa application? Thanks in advance, Nick

Welcome to the forums. Go to the thread about residencia  and start reading. It's not an application as such.

Welcome to the forums. Go to the thread about residencia  and start reading. It's not an application as such.