Mnthly s OMR316 +acco,transport,food for engineer, is it a good deal ?

HI friends,
I am a Mechanical Engineer (Experience 1 years  months)From Pune ,India
I got an offer from a electrical fixture, fittings manufacturing company for the post of a production engineer?
They have offered me 316 OMR + acomodation+food (Veg) + transport .Is this a good deal?
Is there any difference between a worker visa  and visa for engineers ?
If yes please elaborate .
Thank You in advance.

Terrible...

milind786092 wrote:

HI friends,
I got an offer from a electrical fixture, fittings manufacturing company for the post of a production engineer?
They have offered me 316 OMR + acomodation+food (Veg) + transport .Is this a good deal?
Thank You in advance.

Hi milind786092,

That's about the salary you can expect being a fresher. The good part is that the company is providing for your accommodation, food and transport which otherwise would be your main expenses. So those are being taken care of. If you do not have any better opportunities at hand you should consider this offer.

Relocating to Oman is a bit tricky now. You cannot expect any exponential increase in your salary in the near future. Even afterwards salary increments would only be marginal. Also, if you decide to come you have to stay with your employer only and you cannot switch to any better jobs, even if you find one. And if you choose to go back, you cannot return to Oman for employment for 2 years from the date of your departure. So weigh all these serious issues before you make up your mind.

Employment Visa is one and the same for every employee. The designation mentioned in the Resident Card may vary depending on the job clearance which the employer has got. Seldom does the job which the employee holds and what is being mentioned in the resident card would match. This is because the titles of jobs (open for expatriates) mentioned in the official Ministry of Manpower document is very different to those that are actually being held by the employees. Translating the job titles from Arabic to English has often been cited as a possible reason for this anomaly.

You must make sure that your job clearance is actually for an engineer and not for a carpenter or an electrician ! It happens ! The designation mentioned in your resident card matters a lot. For example, while crossing borders, etc. Blue-collar workers are denied many benefits, including crossing borders on visit. So make sure you have engineer mentioned in your job contract / resident card and in all other formal / official documents.

Good luck.

Thanks A lot for the reply  :):thanks:

milind786092 wrote:

HI friends,
Thank You in advance.

This is very low for an engineer....I heard that minimum salary for a local is ro350 (drivers, bell boys. ...) check other options.

@hexebella
So Is this salary equal to what a car driver gets in Oman with all other expenses like accommodation,food, taken care of?

The answer to your query is 'No'.

Omanis only get a consolidated package. They have to fend for themselves.

There's a big difference between salary and CTC (Cost-to-Company).

Sumitran wrote:

Omanis only get a consolidated package. They have to fend for themselves.

There's a big difference between salary and CTC (Cost-to-Company).

Ok ,

but is OMR316 (INR50000) in hand (Not CTC)
a bottom minimum salary for an engineer ?
I just want to make sure that whatever remuneration I am getting is justified and not less.

Because the employer offered me 192 OMR before
then after a few meetings I convinced him to for OMR 316 (INR50000)

Without a doubt, for a Mechanical Engineer the salary being offered is very low.

But then you lack prior work experience to command anything better.