Lins, SP?

Hi All,

I recently took an internship in Lins, SP, and am wondering if anyone on this forum has been there or lives there? I'll be in Lins for a year to start, maybe more, we will see! :)

Lins is a very small town in the interior of the State of São Paulo. It is 433 km. (about a 5 hour drive) from São Paulo. The population is only 71,432.

It's highly unlikely that any of our members live there. The closest one I'm aware of is in Marilia and even that's a fair jaunt away from Lins.

It is not the kind of city that attracts too many expats so it's likely that you're really going to feel isolated. I sure hope you've been brushing up on your Portuguese, you're really going to need it there, just to get by in day-to-day situations. I've never been there myself when I lived in São Paulo, so I'm not able to tell you much more than this.

Cheers,
William James Woodward, EB Experts Team

Thanks so much! I guess I'm in for a real cultural experience haha. I've been practicing Portuguese every few days but I'll try to up my game in preparation. Obrigada! :)

If you haven't already read it, the following posting will help you greatly with your Portuguese:

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=151289

We also have a Portuguese language version of the forum which you can access by clicking on the flag icon in the green banner at the top of the page then selecting Portuguese in the drop-down. It's nowhere near as active as this Anglophone forum, but it's a good place to practice your writing skills. If you post there I'll also be around to help you since I'm fluent in Portuguese and monitor that forum regularly.

Cheers,
wjw