New members of the Romania forum, introduce yourself here

Hi all,

Newbie on the Romania forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Romania if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hi, I'm from Argentina, and I am doing a six month internship in Bucharest, Romania starting next month.
Any helpful tips on living in Bucharest?? What was the hardest thing to get used to when moving there for the first time?
I am interested in getting to know Bucharest and all there is to do over there.
Thanks!!

Hi to all im Mexican and ive just arrived yesterday to Bucharest, im interested in make friends to hang out and know better the city and Romanian culture, i think its a besutiful place here :)

Dear Julien,

I am new member of this group, first of all I want to introduce myself.
My name : Javaid Ahmed
City: Islamabad
Professional Status: Mechanical Engineer having 5 years of working experience.

hi :)
my name is nuwan. iam in romania almost one year now. but until now  i didnt meet any sri lankan hear.

iam in timisoara romania.

thanks.

Hi everyone, my name is Tony, i am a Nigerian, am currently working with an IT company here in Nigeria, i have intentions of one day coming to work in Romania....wish anyone in Romanian could facilitate that>>>feel free to contact me on: [email protected]

hi, i am british and i have a romanian boyfriend. i would like to live with him in romaniato anyone who has already taken this stepwhen i moved to romania would i have to get a visa/permit to live there permanently? how does all that stuff work exactly.i have been having a look online but as we are not married i was wondering if i need any kind of paperwork etc. also i read that as i have an EU passport we have the right to reside in any EU country but then i have also read that i can only remain in the country for 90 days at a time. please, any advice would be greatly appreciated ,thank you

Hi I'm Mike

I work for a businessman who is traveling to Romania in mid June through August. I've been tasked with finding a personal assistant for him for the duration of his stay.

Do you all have any tips on the best way to find a good candidate?
-good driving record
-good background check
-English and Romanian skills
-able to do daily tasks (get groceries, go to the dmv, etc.)

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

hi., i am sri lankan , my daughter planing to study in same your city in Romania,
please give us your experience and advice.very much appreciated
waiting hearing from you.
thanks
karunarathna

Hello Mr Karunarathna,

What exactly do you want to know about life in Romania? If you are worried for the safety of your daughter then don't be. Romania is a safe country and people are usually nice and ready to help. If you have any other question i will be glad to answer you.

Have a good day!

Hi Mike,

I recommend you to use a Hr and Recruitment company for what you need.
You can also advertise by your own this job offer on a job site like ejobs.ro, my job.ro, bestjobs.ro and after you choose some candidates to interview them using Skype.

Best of luck,

Hello friends around the world!

My name is Dragos and I am from Romania. I'm vocal mentor and founder president for an International Cultural Organization. I would like to meet a nigerian that's in Romania already, because I have a lot of friends in Nigeria and I don't know how to help them to come here.

So sweet of you to say....I am Nigerian, presently residing in Nigeria with hopes of 1 day coming to work in RoMania....hope to meet with you when I do come.

Hi Tony,

I am also looking for same what you looking. My name  is sadiq from INDIA.
If u get any details then please share with me..

Thanks..

Hello Sadiq....where do you reside presently? I need an Administrative job.

hi jek i am in india now.

Ok.....

Good evening peoples of the site.
I am a Scottish national who is looking to move to Bucharest with my Romanian girlfriend. She has been living here with me in Scotland for 7 months now and is finding it quite hard to find a job and settle here. As I love her very much I am willing to do anything to bring her peace and happiness. If that requires me to move to Bucharest then I will happily do so. I have lived abroad before and am supremely adaptable. I do not speak Romanian but I am however (English speaking wise) articulate, creative and an excellent communicator.
I love writing but am predominantly a cartoonist. Ideally I would desire a job that would involve my loves but I also have vast experience in people management and customer service training.
Any help and advice you could provide would be greatly appreciated and I thank you all for your time and consideration

Hello Expatmembers,

I'm a student from Germany and looking for a flat in Bukarest for the fall semester 2014. Any tipps on how to get a nice and affordable flat?

Thanks a lot ! :)

Hi All,

I currently live and work in London.

My boyfriend is a native Romanian and has just moved from London to Bucharest.

We are planning on me moving over in about a years time; I am looking to buy an investment property in England before I move hence the delay.

I am visiting him from the 24th July to 3rd August and would love to meet up with fellow English Expats in Bucharest for a coffee and chat.

The boyfriend studies during the day, so I have some free time to play with!

All the very best from rainy England.

Marcelina

Hello.if u want to move to romania you must be reddy accepting a Verry poor life .it is a beautifoul country but economy is down,wages Eaven more and prices for rent,food,etc are like in ue so..think twice before u do that

Hi
What you do and since how long you are living in ROMANIA?

Hi everyone
I'm half romanian (and also ex-russian and israeli) came to live in Brasov with my man)
We're looking to make new friends

The one from 200 students at UMC

Hi..i m Cosmin..i can t help you?

as I know germans are practical guys therefore  you should live close to your job/school, etc..or bike( cycle) distance.

Www.anunturi.ro
Imobiliare.ro

Dear friends, I am from Venezuela, actually living in Romania, many changes since I was here in 1982, people are really nice, many of them speak English, and some ladies  speak Spanish who she said has learned learning from soap operas or TV novels.
Bucharest has good public transportation buses, tramways, trolleybus and metro, cheap and reliable.
Security is not a problem, whoever you need to be careful in crowded areas with pocket-picking people
Many places to go and great cultural activity, as well as 3D cinemas, parks are everywhere and you can enjoy them all the time.
Traffic is crazy if you are not used to drive in a crazy environment, please don't do it, better take a taxi the fare is 1.32 lei/Km, or use any other public transportation.
Romania is getting better each day with new foreign investment, many foreign recognized banks are operating here and the economy has been in good standing in the last year with an economic growt of over 4% the best in Europe.

If you need any information you can write me or callme 0732457611

Regards,
Paul

Hi! I am Cersei, I am romanian, living in romania, so not an expat. The reason i am here is because i studied for a while in london- and what I loved about it was that it was a very cosmopolite city and i could talk to people from various parts of the world. It does not apply to bucharest, most of the people here are boreing romanians, and,  for example if they lose a tooth they know you have to throw it over the house, and nobody heared of el ratoncito perez :-p

Dear friends My name is heba .. I am from syria living in bucharest from 2 years .. 19 years old .. studying business administration ( second year ) .. I speak English - Arabic - some romanian (I am learning it) .. I like to meet new people  and I am sociable girl .. I like Bucharest not mentioned the traffic it is bad.. I found this site while I was searching for something else ..anyway nice to meet u all and I am waiting to have new friends :)

Hi almost 4 month stay in romania ,i am indonesian ,stayed in cluj and cuptoare village near resita caras severin  ,i ready get my permit 5 years to stay but am not really sure will be forever to stay in romania,  looking for peace life to paint , hoping finished my paint and soon as posible make exhibition :)

In the weekend sometimes i  move to cluj to hang out , and back cuptoare for peace life , even dont know the language but local people originally romanian are tot nice than stay in city

If u stay in similar place n wanna hang out , lets go
Nuri

Hi Hiba,

How are you?, My name Sadiq 24 years old from india i am planning to live in romania. if i come there i will meet u soon.

CeeSN wrote:

Hi, I'm from Argentina, and I am doing a six month internship in Bucharest, Romania starting next month.
Any helpful tips on living in Bucharest?? What was the hardest thing to get used to when moving there for the first time?
I am interested in getting to know Bucharest and all there is to do over there.
Thanks!!

Hi,
I'm living in Bucharest over 20 years. Is almost a safe city. Of course, you should learn some rules to avoid any unexpected trouble. Don't trust any unknown person, even they looks friendly. Avoid gypsy people and darkness streets in evening and nights. keep safe your documents, money, cards and other (like smartphones etc).
About nice face of Bucharest, interest points to visit, good restaurants, marketplace, entertainment, nice trips in Romania etc., a lot to talk about, so, please ask me.
You can meet my daughter, maybe she can learn some spanish from you :-)
Regards,

Hi,

I'm new here, I love Romania and nothing more :D My name is Fred and I've lived here for 10 years.

Hi not sure if you will find any work of that nature but Bucharest is a nice place to live. Im from England and most people in the UK only hear of the bad aspects of being here.

Hope you l;like it when you do move over.

J

Hi where in Romania will you be.

Im here as well till nov my wife is at work most days and my little one is at school till 4pm so I have free time (to play) LOL

J

Hello,

I was working as a volunteer in Bucharest with European Voluntary Service. Now, I'm back in my country and would like to come back in Romania with program, work, internship or volunteering.  For visa I need Working invitation. If there is any possibility to make any of them, please contact me. [email protected]

Best regards

Hi eveyone!!

I'm new here! I'm in Bucharest since 2 months already. Let me do a quick presentation of myself:

My full name is Olivier Vandenabeele, I come from Belgium.
I'm 28.
I would like to find a job here because I really like the country, first for the poeple wich are very nice here and secondly for the country itself, there are so man nice places here around.

I took some Romanian language classes in July but I want to learn more to be able to speak and write good in Romanian.

I'm now in an apartment situated in the center, next to piata universitatii but I'll look for another place a bit bigger than where I am now.

I'm glad to have discover this forum and hope to find lots of usefull informations here!!

sheers!!

Hi!
I'm a 17 year old girl dreaming of studying the university in Romania :D I messaged the UNIBUC with my grades asking for their registration requirements and they told me that with my grade average they'd take me for sure...problem is I'd need to get a scholarship first and the people at the Romanian Embassy here in Mexico aren't exactly what you'd call friendly, and they claim to know nothing...if anyone can help I'd very much appreciate that!
Also I live in Cancun so if anyone lives near here and speaks Romanian (or else wants to Skype), please message me as I'd love to be able to practice my Romanian ;) I speak Spanish and English fluently, and I LOVE the Romanian language. It is sooooo beautiful, and I want to learn all I can about it as quickly as I can!

I am mehwish from sargodha, from pakistan.i have taken admission in preparatory romanian languge course in university of bucharest,for postgraduation study in medicine.i will reach bucharest on 16/oct/2014.
    I am confused about immediate stay and then in any shared flate etc.can any body help me in this regard.thanks

Are u in pakistan or in romania plz.

Closed