New/recent expats!!

Hey everyone :)
I have looked around the forum and as some posts are a bit old...just wanted to publish a new one :)
I have lived in Melbourne, Australia for a while now :) I understand it may be a bit unfamiliar and strange moving to a new place. So would love to help out new expats settle in or any other help I may be able to provide. Would be nice to make some multicultural friends along the way :) You can PM me if you wish :) No matter where you come from :)

Thank you so much Elyas for updating this topic!
My name is Itzi and I am a young designer from Madrid, Spain.
I've been trying to get some inner info, from someone who experienced life in Melbourne, so I can make a whole idea about how's living there.
But mostly... I need to know how are the chances to get a qualified job there in the visual communication business. Especially if you have some experience and a proper knowledge of the language.
There is this "new" visa for spanish people called Holiday and Work Visa so I guess that would be the best for me. I was thinking that I could join a Master or any kind of short course in my work field.

I have been reading that this year there is a shortage on unqualified jobs and so.. is it that bad?
How are spanish people seen there?
I have so many questions

Itzi Lichi wrote:

Thank you so much Elyas for updating this topic!
My name is Itzi and I am a young designer from Madrid, Spain.
I've been trying to get some inner info, from someone who experienced life in Melbourne, so I can make a whole idea about how's living there.
But mostly... I need to know how are the chances to get a qualified job there in the visual communication business. Especially if you have some experience and a proper knowledge of the language.
There is this "new" visa for spanish people called Holiday and Work Visa so I guess that would be the best for me. I was thinking that I could join a Master or any kind of short course in my work field.

I have been reading that this year there is a shortage on unqualified jobs and so.. is it that bad?
How are spanish people seen there?
I have so many questions

Hey there Itzi :)
I am going to PM you with some specific information regarding your questions...hopefully you can access the PM. If not then just let me know on here again :)