MOVING WITH DOGS FROM UK TO kENYA

Hi all
I am moving with 2 dogs to Nairobi from London, has anybody else done this? Whats the procedure? What about bringing them back into UK?

Also what is the timings at the airport ie how long are they crated before the flight and how long does it take to get them out at Nairobi?

Thanks for help!

Best bet would be to a Google search for companies that specialize in this.
Possibly not too much problem UK -Kenya but could be coming back due to quarantine restrictions.

Hi there,
I don't think there could be any problem moving with your pets to Kenya that is if you follow the procedures that have been put in place on traveling with pets.
Hope have helped a little

Hi Sally!
You could get in touch with a vet, who is also a kennel owner and deals with moving pets.
Her name is Anita, she is British/Kenyan. She is great.
E-mail address is [email protected] or check their website Yoani Yapperville.
Good luck with the removal.
Once your dogs are settled, take them to Karura Forest for a walk (if you are moving to Nairobi!!!)

We moved our dogs from the US in 2011. It was not easy as animals have to enter as manifested cargo and not as accompanied baggage. That made it a bit more complicated and more expensive. We used a pet relocation service on the US side to get through all the airline cargo requirements and on this end we used a clearance company to get the dogs in. Here are the details of the company we used here...

Margaret Nduta
Packing & Removals Dept
SDV Transami Kenya Ltd
Airport North Road
Off Mombasa Road
P.O. Box 46586-00100
NAIROBI
Email:[email protected]
Tel:254 020 6421547
Fax:254 020 823124

They were great! Our dogs went right to a boarding facility in Thika as we were staying in temp housing that did not allow pets. If you need the boarding kennel details, let me know.

Hi Sally,
I work for Bollore Africa Logistics Kenya as an export coordinator speacilizing in pets.I can help you out.Please send me your email address,I will send you all details,requirements,procedures etc.
Saum

Saum…We're likely to leave Kenya within a year or two and will need to move our dogs wherever we go. Would love to get your contact and more details about your services. I'm at [email protected].

Thanks,
Karen

Hi saum , I came nairobi 10 days back and now want to bring my dog here from new delhi, india. Can you tell me the procedure, formalities and commercial involved?
I am available to discuss this further.
Thanks
Ankush