ISIS Presence in Indonesia

For me, we are talking about different things here....Bali bombers etc they killed people with bombs but what IS is doing they are just killing people by beheading them and they plan to do so wherever is the chance. It happened just now with the French guy in Algeria, now 2 Germans might face the same soon in the Philippines.

Australia last week, only because Police was on time nobody was hurt.

Any of those bums get caught in my neck of the woods the locals will be cutting off a lot more than the head on their shoulder, so all those virgins in heaven waiting for them will be wasted!   :D

I find these people really difficult to understand.
I can see how a man might kill in a fit of temper, say after someone had hurt his child, but I have no clue what sort of warped mind could chop some poor sod's head off in cold blood.
Quite how murder is going to get these idiots a seat with the almighty, I do not know.
All I can do is wish the police good hunting and a steady aim.

Ubudian wrote:

My gut tells me that we are at a watershed moment, a time when the Islamic world and the non Islamic world will finally find understanding and peace with each other.

That would be nice, but don't you think more terrorism in the name of Islam will only drive more people away?  As you know, American attitudes toward Islam changed a lot after 9/11.  These ISIS fools aren't helping.

Kelly_74 wrote:

if they are Islam why not attack Israil and help Palestine?

Is that what "real" Muslims do?

mas fred wrote:

I find these people really difficult to understand.
I can see how a man might kill in a fit of temper, say after someone had hurt his child, but I have no clue what sort of warped mind could chop some poor sod's head off in cold blood.
Quite how murder is going to get these idiots a seat with the almighty, I do not know.
All I can do is wish the police good hunting and a steady aim.

One of man's biggest hobbies since the beginning of time is killing each other.

I think American attitudes on Islam (Fox News not withstanding) are changing again now that they see other parts of the Islamic world standing up and saying, “enough of this BS in the name of Islam” and doing something about it, like shooting the bums and dropping bombs on their heads.

I also believe that the vast majority of Americans don't have any issue with the vast majority of Muslims, but they were tired of only lip service being paid.  Proactive butt kicking gets a lot of respect in America.  Heck, we're damn good at it!   ;)

http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2014 … -unit.html

Militants from Indonesia and Malaysia fighting in Syria have formed a military unit for Malay- speaking ISIS fighters, and analysts fear this could expand their reach in Southeast Asia.

Ubudian wrote:

I think American attitudes on Islam (Fox News not withstanding) are changing again now that they see other parts of the Islamic world standing up and saying, “enough of this BS in the name of Islam” and doing something about it, like shooting the bums and dropping bombs on their heads.

I also believe that the vast majority of Americans don't have any issue with the vast majority of Muslims, but they were tired of only lip service being paid.  Proactive butt kicking gets a lot of respect in America.  Heck, we're damn good at it!   ;)

Can you imagine if the Muslim world collectively rose up against these idiots?  Even Ann Coulter would suddenly be pro-Muslim.  Arab countries would also get a lot more foreign aid, whether they need it or not.

happyhour wrote:

http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2014/09/26/isis-fighters-msia-indonesia-form-military-unit.html

Militants from Indonesia and Malaysia fighting in Syria have formed a military unit for Malay- speaking ISIS fighters, and analysts fear this could expand their reach in Southeast Asia.

If they were smart, they would expand east.  Everyone is concentrating on blowing them up in the Middle East, so they could have a few years in Indonesia and Malaysia before "the west" even noticed.

Sure they do also expand in South East Asia, the west is fully aware of it and various countries issued travel warnings.

"Everyone is concentrating on blowing them up in the Middle East, so they could have a few years in Indonesia and Malaysia before "the west" even noticed."

I can't speak for Malaysia, but here in Indonesia they would be very well noticed.   ;)

I've never seen Indonesia and Malaysia referred to as the west until now.  That leaves precious little for the east.

Hailey dear...try reading that again.   ;)

The point being, nobody in Indonesia waits for the "west" to notice anything.

I guess fighting Islamic Global Terrorism such as Al qaeda & iSIS ... required many steps:

First: Changing the Islamic curriculum in Saudi Arabia
Second: decrease the unemployment rate in Arabic countries as some countries reaches 30% (Jobless)
Third: Allow Islamic moderate parties to Join the politic process in Islamic world
Forth: Military campaigns.

What USA is doing now is a useless & endless war if they didnt consider the other factors. it will be a massive exhaustion to American Economy as 2008 crisis.

HaileyinHongKong wrote:
Kelly_74 wrote:

if they are Islam why not attack Israil and help Palestine?

Is that what "real" Muslims do?

No.
The IDF and politicians are targets. Unarmed civilians should never be.
Sadly,  some on both sides think it's acceptable.
Get rid of the extremists on both, and you have peace.

http://thejakartaglobe.beritasatu.com/n … in-forces/

Jakarta. The looming release of hundreds of militants from Indonesia's prisons, hotbeds of radicalism where influential Islamists openly preach extremist ideology, is ringing alarm bells and raising fears some will join forces with the Islamic State group.

More than a decade after Indonesia vowed to dismantle terrorist networks to stem a series of attacks, neglect of jails has allowed top detainees to promote their views behind bars, and even beyond thanks to smartphones and laptops.

About 200 convicted militants are due for release in the next two years, and experts say inadequate deradicalization efforts mean many will leave jail with their ideology intact.

“Prisons are still the epicenter of terrorism in Indonesia. The most dangerous militants are behind bars and recruitment is going on,” said terrorism expert Taufik Andrie from the Jakarta-based Institute for International Peace Building.

Ubudian wrote:

Hailey dear...try reading that again.   ;)

The point being, nobody in Indonesia waits for the "west" to notice anything.

Ok, but that was not my point.

mas fred wrote:

No.
The IDF and politicians are targets. Unarmed civilians should never be.
Sadly,  some on both sides think it's acceptable.
Get rid of the extremists on both, and you have peace.

I can't argue with that, but my question to the person who said that real Muslims should kill these people instead of those people was more about why they should kill anyone.  Why not kill no one?

The most dangerous militants are behind bars

Isn't that a good thing?

HaileyinHongKong wrote:

The most dangerous militants are behind bars

Isn't that a good thing?

Hailey, if you read the complete article you will understand the concern. The guys are still active even behind bars trying to recruit more supporters thru their channels.

And if they really plan to release them from prison within the next 1-2 years....... :unsure

Would they not be able to recruit people outside of prison?

Of course they will be able to do so.....I think today are already more supporters than officially known

It's a tough nut Tom.

If they've served their prison time, then they have to be released.   

On the other hand, hopefully Intel will be keeping an eye on them.

One has to admit, in recent years Indonesia has been doing a good job regarding terrorism here on the home front.  Let's hope this continues.

http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2014 … syria.html

The BNPT estimates that around 100 Indonesians are fighting under the IS banner, as well as for Jabhat al-Nusra, an al-Qaeda offshoot, in Iraq and Syria. Prior to Ridwan and his two friends, five Indonesian militants are reported to have lost their lives on Middle Eastern battlefields.

Around 30 former Islamic State fighters have actively recruited new members and set up ‘humanitarian aid' initiatives for the group in some regions, including Yogyakarta and Surabaya in East Java,” he said.

Those are very low numbers Tom...and they speak well of the vastly moderate views held by Indonesian Muslims.

Keep in mind, Great Britain has 15 times more of its Muslim citizens fighting with ISIS:

http://www.newsweek.com/twice-many-brit … ces-265865

Most UK Muslims are Pakistani in origin.
Their version of Islam is a world away from what we see in most of Indonesia.
When I first came to Islam, the Malaysian guys I was with were all smiles and bought me lunch.
An Iranian was pleased, and we enjoyed a drink together.
The first Pakistani bloke that found out told me I would be killed if I ever left Islam.

This is interesting.  Is Britain a better breeding ground because the people who want to kill and fight are more likely to be children and grandchildren of expats/immigrants, or does living in Britain simply make people angrier than living in Indonesia?

http://thejakartaglobe.beritasatu.com/n … cial-says/

the problem will be when they return back here.....

happyhour wrote:

http://thejakartaglobe.beritasatu.com/news/300-indonesians-now-isis-counterterrorism-official-says/

the problem will be when they return back here.....

There are a couple of things I'd like to see:
These people realising they're bloody idiots, and pack it in, favouring charity work instead of mass murder.

Failing that unlikely event, they get killed in short order so they don't bring their stupidity back to this wonderful country.

So much pain and suffering in this world, but these bozos go out to create more.
If they really want to be good Muslims, start be being good people first.