Neighbor problem

I live in an appartement. Everytime I fix something in my flat, like I use hammer or drill, my neighbor knocks on our wall. I have spoke to the caretaker of the appartement about this and he said he is going to talk to them. I wanted to speak to the owner of the appartement about this, but my partner said we don't have to because we already said it to the caretaker. What if I need to use the hammer or drill in the future, they might knock again. I want this to stop. Have you had problems with your neighbor and what actions did you do about it? Is it true that French police doesn't care about problems like this? Thank you!

No negative advise because it will not help.

Hello nieha

Just do not care about him knocking :), and you too, do not use hammer or drill early in the morning or late at night!

Ask the caretaker to tell him that you need to fix things, if he needs to sleep then tell you what time its best for you to do your settings.

Kenjee

No policeman is gonna care about this anywhere in Europe unless he is your neighbour.
Most neighbours won't challenge their neighbour when they have a hammer in their hand.

True , absolutely .