Expats in Brasov?

Hey people!

Any expats in and around Brasov?

If so, I'd love get in touch with other English-speaking people over a cup of tea or coffee, if only for sharing experiences of expat life in Transylvania.

Cheers,
Julia L.

hi,
I often come to Brasov for my work.....When we can patch up for cup of coffee.

How is the weather at the moment?

Regards.
Khan

Hi Julia

I am originally from South Africa and am living in Predeal which is very close to brasov.  I have to go to brasov at least once per week to do the grocery shopping so if you would like to meet for coffee that would be great.

Kind Regards
Kim

Yes! Would love to meet up.

Cheers everyone!

Didn't visit the Expat.com for very long:( . Are you still in/around Brasov? We could organise a coffee meeting  for everyone in Brasov next week, say around Friday-Saturday? What do you think?

If you have time for such meeting, please drop me a mail here or at [email protected].

Have a nice weekend!
Julia

We left at the end of December

That's a pity:(. Hope you guys liked it here.

We did! Very much.

We're here

We have regular expat meetings in brasov. Look up meetup.com & also, google Mandana, a very active lady who organises monthly events in Hubert restaurant on Republicii Street. The staff will also know the meeting dates.

Hi! I live in Sibiu, it's not far from Brasov, and I like Brasov very much, I come there time to time. I am also seeking for Russians, Ukrainians, etc. in Romania, if any, please reply.

Hey Alla, are you coming from Lithuania:)?

I am Ukrainian who lived more than 10 years in Estonia:). Would be glad to meet you.

Cheers,
Julia

Hello Damian and others,

Yes, Meetup.com is a good source of expat-related info. I've also started a group called "Brasov Explorers" there, I am some of you already know it:).

And meetings organised by Mandana are great, lots of people are attending them!

Cheers,
Julia

Hi, Julia :)
Thank you for your reply! Yes, I came from Lithuania two years ago, but I come from a Slavic family and my native language is Russian, so I would be really happy to have some friends from Russia, Ukraine, Belarus here in Romania :)  I have never been in Estonia, though :) I would also like to meet you. I will write you if only I plan to come to Brasov, and please also let me know when you are around Sibiu some time in future. Here is my e-mail: alla_tolos"at"yahoo.com

Hi

I am a south African living Brasov , any other South Africans nearby?

Hi Kim are you still in Romania . I am south african living in Brasov.

Have a lekker day
shaun

Hi I am from south africa and I live in Predeal about 20 km from brasov

Hi kim . Awsome  how long have you been living here? Iv been here since July. How do find romanian life . I realy enjoy it here . The freedom and so on . I find the language is vey hard to learn . Are you able to speak romanian .

Hi Shaun, I can recommend th Pimsleur (Spelling?)  audio course. It is just the basics but trains you to get the pronounciation right, which is a great place to start.  See you at one of the meetings I hope. Get in touch if you are in need of help findng a home.

Best

Damian Galvin

Hi Damian . Thanks for the info will definitely look into it . What meeting are referring to.