Raod tax renewal

Havent got our car yet and it wil be new so its not an issue just yet  - but on driving in the hire car i noticed no tax discs on cars - and i am led to undertand that tax discs are nt used here as its all dealt with electronically - is that correct - and further when its due for renewal is this done electronically via online registration and payments.....

You do get a disk that you can cut out and put on the window. Most people just keep the document in the glove box.
You can pay on line or at any bank once a year for a full year or half year.
Cost depends on the type of vehicle.
And yes, if you are stopped the road tax is checked electronically. (so you really don't need the disk nor the documentation with you)

thats interesting as we didnt see one car with it on  display and havingbeen here for only four weeks still havent seen one

I have also never seen one. Nevertheless the document that you get is a round disk that was probably cut out in days of yore before electronic system??

many thanks Patrick

got our tax disc now and it looks like a photocopy but with an official looking stamp on it....

got our new log book too  - the new greek language one i think  - with all the squiggly lines on it

and our plates as well