New members of the Nigeria forum, introduce yourself here

Hi to all you great people out there.
Its been sometime since i was last assigned to Nigeria and living in Lekki Phase 1 (2006-09) hope they finally got the bypass completed! Lekki phase 2 was progressing well too, are both theses location still the best and safest for expats to live other than hotel accommodation? I had a great experience integrating with both, local and expats from all walks of life - the true nation of smiles....
So, i will be posted back again for a period of 3 years, commencing on 1st September (VI will be my posting), wandering whats available with regards to;  indoor ball sports, water skiing, sailing etc. Is the yacht club still there in Ikoyi? There has been many challenges to Nigeria since my last visit 2009 and its well publicised, although not VI-Lagos area thankfully - enough said.

Oh! the rainy season is coming to an end thus, maybe i won't need my BIG-RUBBER-BOOTS to walk through the car-park to the office and later, the NewsCafe (halfway house) on my way home. Hope they still do good Jazz or I'm not going.....lol

Again, wish all of you a healthy and prosperous time in Nigeria.....keep smiling!
Joe.

Hi connie,
Nice to meet you.  My name is Anne.  I work with an airline here in lagos. Feel free to contact me anytime.  Lekki is safe and don't worry,  you are going to be fine.  I have been ti your country several times and I had great times.  Welcome to Nigeria.

hi all
thank you very much.

Hi all
I am from Pakistan and want to live and work in Nigeria.
I am an associate engineer civil and working as QS/Draftsman.

regards
Zahir

Hi Everybody,
Been a month now here in Abuja and I must say its been wonderful.  People are so warm and welcoming.  The weather is just like in my hometown, Bangalore except they are lucky here they get rains everyday.  Did a wee bit of sightseeing, saw Aso Rock, the Childrens Amusement Park and Zoo and the Arts and Crafts Village.  Other than that, please tell me other places that I should visit, and would like to know about cultural events that are taking place, arts etc.
ShanthiV

Hi liz,

You can get nice, cheap furniture at different stores here in lagos. Let me know when you are free to check them out.
Cheers,

Annie

Hello everyone and thanks for welcoming me to dis forum and its glad to meet new people here. I want to relocate to Switzerland but willing to meet Nigerians living in Switzerland.

Welcome FuninErbil,

Lagos is a vibrant city. It could be physically exhausting if you work really far from where you live (read crazy traffic).

It also can be extremely fun. Excellent night life. Not too bad restaurant options either.

Decent resorts. Good arts center too.
You'll discover all of these in time.

Best of all, you've got EB for eCompany when ever. Winning! :d :p

Hi everyone, am shade a graduate from???, am dark in complexion, sexy, loving, caring and good looking babe, no dolling.

Welcome Babe you don't need to say it we can see it from your Piz

Hi,

I'm a "newbie" to travelling abroad and frankly I'm scared to death!!!!  I'm moving to Lagos with my husband possibly within the next three weeks.  This now only leaving my family, but exposing myself to the Ebola scare and the possibility of getting trapped and/or dying alone in a country without my family being able to say goodbye.  I'm on this forum to speak to those who have shared my experience and whom can maybe understand how I feel and to speak to people who are there that can give me some insight on what's really going on.  All I have here is the news and they aren't reporting anything good.

Thanks for listening.

Hi

I appreciated your fear and feelings. But remember we are over 160 million people. There is no country that is free of death. Nigeria is a blessed country not a death trap country as you assumed. The world should appreciate the effort Nigeria has taken to contain this dreaded disease Ebola. It was imported to us. And we are containing it seriously. As at this time it is only one victim remaining with few others in survillance. It is the media that are over blowing things out of proportion, it is  a pity. Anyway, follow your mind if you are afraid don't come but Nigeria remains a blessed country forget about the challenges we are passing through in recent times. It is a land of opportunities.

Hi,
Im from Bangalore, all my family and friends advised me against taking up the job offers and I reminded them that there are problems happening in India as well but it doesnt affect us directly in any way.  Life goes on.   Its the same here, grab this golden opportunity see it as an adventure, and really Im glad I took this opportunity as the people here are very friendly, warm and hospitable, and there are plenty of Indians especially in Lagos and life is good.
Shanthi :)

I am considering a move to ibadan Nigeria. .im from Egypt. .need to know if there is international schools there?  Sports club? Gym place?  Malls for shopping?  Pls advice

hi,my name is rukayya Mohammed I am from Nigeria central north precisely.I want go for business in south Korea and I don't have any body to guide me their.please members help me.thanks

Hello. My name is Bruce and I have received a great deal of attention and what appears to be a serious job offer from Honeywell Oil Company in Nigeria. They have offered me a two year contract and thus far the information relayed appears to be legitimate. I have only corresponded with one individual which is listed on their company webpage as upper management. They are moving forward in obtaining a work visa for me. Is anyone familiar with this company and their standing? Any advice or assistance would be most appreciated.

Nattyo wrote:

It is very safe to live anywhere in Lagos. But try to keep good company and don't be out late. Obey traffic rules to avoid harassment from LASMA official

Hello. I am from the USA and am moving forward with an opportunity fr Honeywell Oil. It would be nice to converse and seek advise from someone in Nigeria. I have many questions and hope to become a viable member of this forum.

Hello Bruce,

I am a Nigerian living in Lagos Nigeria. I know of Honeywell group of companies in Nigeria. But I don't if they are into Oil. Nevertheless, Check this website http://www.honeywelloil.com/about.php to know all that the Honeywell group of Companies into. Also If I may ask what type of Oil, is it Crude Oil or Agricultural Oil?  Try to find out and get to me. If they demand for money from you don't give because Honeywell is a reputable company in Nigeria. If they have sent you the address of the company let me know to help you check if it is a genuine offer.

I wish you the best

Thank you for the advice.

This is the person I have been communicating with He is listed on the Honeywell Oil Co web page as Internal Control Manager, The information below is directly from their page.

"Rotimi Oguntade - Internal Control Manager

Williams Rotimi Oguntade is the Internal Control Manager, Honeywell Oil & Gas Limited. He is an Associate member of both the Institute of Chartered Accountant of Nigeria (ICAN) and the Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria (CITN). Rotimi studied Accountancy at the Nigeria's foremost college, the Yaba College of Technology from where in 1993.

Rotimi has over fourteen years working experience that spans through various sectors of the economy including Development Bank, Publishing, Contracting, General Merchandising, Conglomerate, Real Estate Development, Investment and Oil and Gas sectors. He worked as an Accountant for Abdulla, Taiwo & Co., YSY Limited, Churchgate Industries Limited and Modandola Investment Limited before joining Honeywell Oil and Gas Limited in 2005 as Depot Accountant.

As part of management restructuring of the company to utilize its human capacity effectively, he was redeployed to Lagos in 2006 as an Assistant Manager Audit saddled with the responsibilities of streamlining, strengthening and improving internal controls, processes and procedures. He became the Internal Control Manager"

As previously mentioned everything thus far seems legitimate with the exception of the attorney they put me in touch with mentioning his "fee structure" in an email. The address for the company in Lagos, the documentation forwarded to me with the company name on it, and everything else seems fine. I am a bit surprised that the contract documents, etc. have been sent to me in the .jpeg format which is normally reserved for pictures. t is as if they took a picture of the contract instead of sending a document. This raises some concern. I think I should reach out to their HR department on Monday to see if they are aware that Rotimi Oguntade - Internal Control Manager is seriously involved in negotiating a two year contract for my services. Any additional advice or assistance would be most appreciated.

Hi,
Some of the scams that Ive come across is to use the name of a reputable company, claiming to be one of its top management and then rip you off.  No reputable company asks you to pay for anything, rather they pay for all expenses once you have agreed on the terms and conditions and signed the contract. 
Shanthi

Hello,
I am suspecting a foul play in that your appointment. As we keep watching their next move I strongly advice not to ever give a DIME to them. I mean don't ever give them any money should their demand for any. Keep posted I will find out if that name is in the list of the Company's employee

@Bkain the story looks genuine.

However, be wary of anyone asking for payment-  whether fees or anything else.

If a company is negotiating your relocation, they automatically sort out every nitty gritty.

Nobody will ask you to pay! Please be careful and DO not send money to anyone.

I'm Kenny James by name, I'm a Nigerian citizen, am living in Nigeria in lagos state. I'm a graduate I read Business Administration and Management, i'm searching for job.

Hi Guys,
So I am new to this group.
We are a young couple moving to Lagos, Nigeria.
I am Nigerian by birth and my wife is from the Czech Republic (Prague).
I have been living out of Nigeria for 13 years. Where I studied and worked.
Currently I have been offered a relocation with my job to Nigeria and both myself and wife are coming together.

We hoping to make many expat friends. Especially for my wife, so she doesnt feel too lost :-)

Cheers,
Tee

Hi All.

My name is Deirdre, I have just arrived in Lagos with my husband, Patrick.

I am a keen Bridge player and would like to join a group in VI or Ikoyi.

Your feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks, best wishes.
D.

Hi, I have joined my husband here in Ikoyi Lagos. We lived here in 1995-99. We have lived as expats before so are used to meeting new people and gaining new experiences.
I am a keen bridge player and would love to get any information on bridge groups. I hope to join a gym., and keep myself busy, I will not work here.
Thanks for any info.
Cheers
Dee

Hi Dee...r u irish? my son is :-) anyway, i know about couple od gyms in Ikoyi, depends on what exactly you wanna do in the gym. kinda recreational clubs are very expensive, just a gym for workout is less but still expensive comparing to EU.

Hi tobesky, im from slovakia....so i can chat with your wife in her language :-)

Hi FuninErbil,
Now that's a relieve that Slovak's are in Lagos.

I will keep in touch once we are in town.

Diky Moc

it one of The top company in Nigeria, you will really enjoy the company. No need to panic.

greetings room .... please any one here staying in Kuwait ...am planning to relocate to Kuwait Nd I just wanna no dia life style Nd also looking for job hunt over der too.. plss positive respond are welcomed ..tanx

Hello!

My name is Grace. I'm from New York City but have been living in Abuja for a little over a year. It would be nice to meet some other foreigners who are in Abuja!!! I'm on Instagram at VIPGRACE (I can't seem to upload a picture here.)

(Moderated: no free ad on the forum pls + register in the business directory)

Hi,

I am Anand, and recently have got a job offer from Globacom Nigeria.

Regards

hi am rosemay and i am from nigeria i wish to study in korea and i need a korean friend

Yes I thank you all, I m a driller operator,my job is soil investigation also coring rock and all soil test.and I m Nigeria I want to relocate to dubai to met new friends

greetings to you all am frank from Benin city  Nigeria.. am new here hoping to meet interesting people here ... am also hoping to migrate to Japan or south Korea but any advice to go about it  will be well appreciated... thanks all

Hi Nattyo,

What you wrote is reassuring for me, as i travel back to Nigerian (having spent 6 years in Abuja from 2002-08) and loved it in those days. This time its VI commonly known as the oil&gas belt with lots of expats, activities and more....
Yes, the Ebola is always on my back like a monkey!  Just need to throw that somehow thus, with a 160 million population Vs 3000 know Ebola deaths in AFRICA and one (1) known death in Nigeria.......the law-of-averages make lagos (were i will work), a safe place.

Thanks!

Hie I am a Zimbabwean based here in Nigeria Ibadan.

I would not mind linking up with other Southern African counterparts in Ibadan

Regards
mtamco

Closed