Cost of living in Canada

very interested in cost of living in Montreal

You can try this site

Thank god i came across this thread , myself and my wife would very much like information on the cost of living in Calgary especially the Cougar Ridge area of the city , we have researched certain areas but the rental costs travel/commute costs seem quite varied.

Could someone please living in this area give me some rock solid figures for a couple starting off in this area, i would like to hear from Irish ex pats in this regard , thanks very much in advance.

Keith & Cath

Hi everybody
I'm 21 years old and i've recently received my PR card and i'm thinking about living in toronto . I wanted to know how much money on a monthly basis is needed for a two person family to live a simple but comfortable life in toronto . I want to know the number , i mean my parents are able to support me for up to 4k$ . i want to have an estimation of the amount of money needed  . Actually , include the rent of an average 2BR apartment . doesn't matter if it doesn't have pool or things like that i just need an appropriate apartment .

4K/ mth or /year? If the former, then you're in comfortable spot. Check out http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/ to estimate the cost of living.

hello i want to relocate to canada can u help me what are the day to day expenses in canada mainly in toronto

sweety jo wrote:

hello i want to relocate to canada can u help me what are the day to day expenses in canada mainly in toronto

Read the many posts on this section of the forum. You will find websites and information.

Hello everyone,

I was surfing the web for finding the cost of living in Canada and found this forum to be perfect, where the expats are sharing their experiences. I would be moving into Ontatio in few months, can anyone share the cost of living and what are the range for house rents in this city.

Any inputs will be highly appreciated.

Regards and Thanks in advance
MAS.

Ontario is a big-ass province. You can settle in many cities/ towns. Use numbeo.com to get a sense of what the cost of living is. Apartment rentals are also detailed in the site. In conjunction with that, you can also use the website walkscore.com to get a sense of the expected asking price of rental (from the owner) plus also what is a scoring like for that place from basic amenities like shops, transits, bus stop etc. Typically, an apartment that is very conveniently located like downtown, might fetch a higher sum. Consider various suburbs too to GTA (Greater Toronto Area), than your typical downtown Toronto like Mississauga, Brampton, Oakville, Kitchener, etc. Also apart from GTA, there other places too like Ottawa.

Thanks Philip your website link numbeo.com was very helpful.

Regards,
MAS