The University of Cambridge CELTA is now available in Riyadh.

GOOD news for all ESL teachers in Saudi Arabia. The University of Cambridge CELTA is now offered here for natives & non-natives. IF your level of English is C1 of the CEFR and would like to do the CELTA course in Riyadh, CONTACT me .

Rowa Douglas

Ps. The Cambridge CELTA which was formerly known as CTEFLA (the Certificate in Teaching English as a Foreign Language to Adults); jointly administered by the Royal Society of Arts (RSA) and UCLES (University of Cambridge Language Examination Syndicate)

Ps.CELTA is considered the big FISH in the world of English Language Teaching qualification offered by The Uni. of Cambridge.

Actually, they've offered it here at the British Council for years but it's ONLY FOR MEN.  They refer women to Jeddah.

Has it changed or is it still  men only in Riyadh?

@AllieCat

The BC school in Riyadh and in KSA is generally UNRELIABLE  !!

This time I'll be making the difference and take the initiative and arrange a course in my institute via a very reliable CELTA provider..   If you have 10-12 candidates, I can provide you with an intensive 4-week course,,,

Regards,
Rowa

Male or Female?

(And yes, I agree about BC in Riyadh.  They don't even return phone calls half the time and their website is usually way out of date--although maybe it's changed, I don't know since I just gave up on them).

I already have a CELTA--got mine in Budapest and had one hell of a holiday at the same time :cheers:

Actually the CELTA is now mainly for MALES, and in the near future, I'll try organizing the course for females, hopefully.

Since, you have the CELTA, why don't you try the DELTA??

Regards,
Rowa Douglas
www.rowa-douglas.com

roa_douglass wrote:

Since, you have the CELTA, why don't you try the DELTA??

Because a DELTA is pretty much worthless in the USA.  Better to get the MA in TESOL.

Yes, you are right. I got your point .

Cheers,
Rowa

l am based in Khobar and very much interested in The University of Cambridge CELTA course. Please help. I am male.My email address is [email protected].

@Runokunda, check your inbox!!

How can I get started with this CELTA thing? Any suggestion please. My email is [Moderated: pls send details in private]
Thanks.

I m interested in taking CELTA course. How can I reached you. Currently I am living in Riyadh. Regards Taha.

Unfortunately , the CELTA course has been cancelled and don't know when is going to be run again.

Regards

I am interested in taking the CELTA course in Riyadh. I am a female. If the course in still available then please help. Also, is there any other organization that can provide CELTA certification?? Like IDP (Australian organization) in India provides IELTS certification, apart from BC (British Council)

FatimAli,

I suggest you contact the British Council (the female branch) in Riyadh, Hai Alsafarat, Fazary Square -google it- . Unfortunately, the BC school in Saudi Arabia is the only approved CELTA provider; unlike the IELTS which is jointly run by the IDP and the BC schools. Wish you all the best.

Regards,
R Douglas