Looking for high quality foods

Hey gang. So I'm searching for organic, local, and generally high qualtiy good. I had some luck today at an organic market in poblado (Ceres) but it was completely vegetarian and generally had just a few things.

I'd like to find grass fed beef/butter, pastured eggs, and generally more great ingredients. Any tips? Thanks.

Well, I'll update this on my own. Here's what I've discovered:

There are farmer's markets for produce, and it seems there is a good one in Belen, but I haven't been there yet. I was able to find organic eggs at the huge Exito in Poblado. I was surprised that the produce there looked pretty good too.

There is an unsubstantiated claim I read online that all the meat in this area of Colombia is grass-fed because there is so much grass nobody pays for feed. I've been buying beef and butter at Mar Colanta and the quality and price seem good. The bacon looks great but I haven't tried it yet.

Ceres (the organic vegetarian market in Poblado) had Coconut Oil, which I love to cook with. They have local nuts as well but the price is extremely high. I picked up a whole chicken from Mac Pollo as well and was impressed by the quality, although I don't think it's organic.

I hope that's of some use to anyone else looking for great, wholesome foods.

Hey Jordan:

I am pretty sure that most meat you find in Colombia is grass fed. To find the best deal you could go to plaza minorista but you should go with a Colombian friend as you need to know your way around. Most produce in Carulla and Exito ( an also in the plaza minorista) is high quality produce anyway. I am not sure if it is organic. I doubt you'll find a lot of organic produce as it is not a big market here en Colombia as it is in the US  ( people are not willing to pay the premium).  Keep me informed about your findings on organic.Good luck!

J