New security at Boryspil Airport.

Has anyone used Boryspil since the new security came into force?
I know how important security is but I honestly think they have gone OTT this time.
I will be travelling in a couple of weeks and from what the media are reporting I'm not looking forward to the flights into and out of Kyiv this time, normally it's a breeze get to departures then just check in or because I have no luggage I just go straight to security, then coming back get off the plane through passport control get my case and away we go, now it seems I will be searched before entering and before departing the terminal too, I have nothing to hide but have some poilce person looking through my personal belongings is ridiculous considering the strict security checks we have to go through anyway.

I have flown out from Boryspil with the new security and it was no problem.  Just plan on extra time.  They stop you at the entrance to the airport, screen all your bags through an Xray machine, and do not search unless something strange shows up in your luggage.  Seems like a very efficient and sensible way to take extra precautions while a country is at war.

I flew out 3 weeks ago and just came back. Noticed the new scanners near the entrance, and it took few extra minutes. That was all.

Oh good, I'm glad they are tightening up security. I switched planes there in May and will be going back in October.