Working after expiry of Expiry visa - advise request

Hi,

I got an Employment at Oman.  Employed had given an Express Visa (21 days validity).  I asked Employment Visa. Employer told that we have applied visa clearness, so, you don't worry about you come to join after that your visa will convert to employment visa. As per his confirmation I joined the company.  After that 200 days completed. I don't get Employment Visa till now, but I am working.  Employer (sponsor) is telling company will pay the fine for visa expiry. I know that company also try to get visa clearance, but till now not done. 

My question is what are the problem will be face myself? And what is my situation is positive or negative? What are the precaution step I should be taken? Please advise, this my first foreign job. I don't know above the process. Please clearly.

Hi panneerp,

Technically you are now an "illegal immigrant". And before you exit the country, you would have heavy fines to be paid and dues to be settled for overstretching your stay, without holding valid documents.

Since you are working the responsibility of regularising your residence status rests with your employer. Your position is not a very good one. Your employer knows he is doing something illegal and is yet doing it. Just pray that he owns up his mistake and does not palm it all on you.

Before it gets any worse, try and resolve the issue immediately with your employer.

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much your advise.  In case employer not ready to pay fine.  what are the steps can be take for my safe? as legally. Where can I approach to help for me? like Indian embassy or human right commission or any other way?  please advise.

Hi panneerp,

Go to the Indian Embassy without further delay. Meet with the officials there and explain your predicament. They would advise you on the next course of action. They might even speak to your employer and ask him to take corrective steps.

Going to the Ministry of Manpower or even to the ROP at this stage is pointless, since they will only initiate punitive actions which will work against your favour.

Best of luck !