Perla Marina. Puerta Plata

Hi everyone

We stayed in the above for several weeks earlier this year.  Loved everybit of the place and are planning to come back for 3-4 months, really to decide if we want to live there, rent or buy.

Looked at Cabarete, Sosua, Las Terranas and Santiago, but fell in love with Perla Marina.
We had a 2 bed condo, but too close to the sea therefore noisy.  We are really looking for a small villa to rent long term, budget 1100 USD per month.  Can anyone recommend anything?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Ducketts

Welcome to the forums!   I am in Santo Domingo and can't really help you, but I am sure our other members will!

I have followed various comments both by you and Bob.  I would totally agree that driving in DR is mad.  I thought the French were basd but my exprience in  Santiago really confirmed -DO NOT DRIVE IN DR.

Thanks again and let's hope some one can help.  Have a great day

Regards

Ducketts

Look in Hispaniola, Casa Linda, Terimar, all will have villas in your budget

Bob K

Thank you Bob.

Loooked at Casa Linda and Hispaniola  but we did not like the complexes.   We will look in
Terimar. Thanks again.

Ducketts

You are welcome.  Let me know if you need any more info.

Terimar may be called Sunset valley these days.  It is right after Charimicos

Bob K

Ducketts: I know some people that you could get in touch with. We have a home in Perla Marina and plan on moving there in February. Please let me know if you would like the information.

Many thanks for your post.  I would be very happy for your friends to contact me.  I will be in Perla Marina in January 2015 for 3 months and would like to use some of that time to find something suitable.  Perhaps we can meet up. Thanks again

Regards

Ducketts