Which school is the right one? Moving to bangalore after 15 years.

HI everyone,
I hope someone can shed some light on this for me. :)

I have an 8 year old son and we are considering moving back to Bangalore after 15 years. My son was born in US and although he has traveled to India 8 times already, he is pretty happy with being in US. However, we feel we need to move back to be close to family. I am very confused about the schools in Bangalore. I want a good environment for him, because if he is happy, we will be happy. He is a good kid, shy and needs a nurturing environment. Most people are suggesting we move to whitefield. (My husband is in the IT field) I am ok with living anywhere but I really need to know the good schools from the bad. I hear mixed reviews on all schools when I search online. Any advice will help. He will be entering grade 3 next year. we are looking for a good education/environment as well as clean and safe infrastructure.
please help! I hear about Aditi but I hear it is very tough to get in. Indus and other schools have a good reputation but when i search online there are horror stories. I hope someone can help. We can also go to bangalore in december to check the schools, but we need to narrow down the schools.Thank you.

Hi,

Why don't you check for Candor International school in south bangalore, near banneghatta and electronics city. They have one of the best infra well suited for kids from abroad. I suggest you to have a check.

DPS,Bishop cottons, Josephs, Baldwins, Vidyanikethan, Vidyashilp,,Clarence, Sunrise,Kumarans all these schools are very good.

cathedral high school, Richmond Road is the best icse school. My son's class teacher hemalatha madam and pearly madam are the best teachers.

anks_p wrote:

HI everyone,
I hope someone can shed some light on this for me. :)

I have an 8 year old son and we are considering moving back to Bangalore after 15 years. My son was born in US and although he has traveled to India 8 times already, he is pretty happy with being in US. However, we feel we need to move back to be close to family. I am very confused about the schools in Bangalore. I want a good environment for him, because if he is happy, we will be happy. He is a good kid, shy and needs a nurturing environment. Most people are suggesting we move to whitefield. (My husband is in the IT field) I am ok with living anywhere but I really need to know the good schools from the bad. I hear mixed reviews on all schools when I search online. Any advice will help. He will be entering grade 3 next year. we are looking for a good education/environment as well as clean and safe infrastructure.
please help! I hear about Aditi but I hear it is very tough to get in. Indus and other schools have a good reputation but when i search online there are horror stories. I hope someone can help. We can also go to bangalore in december to check the schools, but we need to narrow down the schools.Thank you.

You said you are looking for school in Whitefield area. Then you can approach Greenwood High International School (greenwoodhigh.edu.in) for your son. Because Greenwood school having wonderful atmosphere and many more qualified teachers. But I think that Whitefield school is only for students from ages 1.8 to 6 years, but not sure. Because it having another branches in Bannerghatta and Koramangala. Main branch is in Sarjapur road, Bangalore.

Why don't you check for some of the schools like Inventure Academy , Indus International School , BGS International School , Greenwood High International School.

hi,

My name is nirmala i stay in bangalore , India International school in Bangalore is good not that expensive like other International schools. In case you need any help please let me know i can send you the contact number of the  Administrative Head Mr. Rohit.

Regards
nirmala

Hello anks_P, Hope your move to Bangalore became smooth. I stumbled up on this post when i was researching for good schools for my boys. We are relocating to Bangalore this year and looking for really good international schools with IB curriculum as our boys 10 and 6 start their 5th and 1st grade. We have been living in states for the last 18 years. Bit anxious about finding a right fit for boys.
Researching online, but some comments are really scary and can't trust which one is really good and which one is not..
Would appreciate if you can share what schools you were able to find and whether you are happy with your choice etc..

Looking for the candid opinion from the parents of students form their schools.

Thanks in advance for the help.