Activity group (Basketball, scuba, running, cafe's)

There are some places to play basketball.
1- Marina Mall courts.Too busy-not recommended
2-Bayan Area.- Recommended.
3-Fintas
4-Mishref Area

I live in Sabah Al Salem off of 207, but I sometimes go to play basketball at the park in Fintas. Once in a while I go to the Marina mall, but it has been a long time since I have been there.

Where is the basketball court in the Bayan area? Is it just one full court, or do they have several there?

Hi Jpeezy,
If you will take the 30 road from Subah Al-Salem to Sharq area. After Salwa area,you will see 2 bridges,go Beneath the second bridge to Bayan area and after the traffic light you will see the Bayan Youth Center on your left. You will find basketball courts there.

Is this social thing still happening? Are there any meets in cafes?

Im interesting in.. Need some fun ✋✋✋

Hey Bros,

Ideal topic to a person, who is desperately finding activities in Kuwait

I landed in Kuwait for two months and as said living a lonely life. I am quite interest to join couple of activity groups

I'm interested in scuba diving as well as fishing. I hope someone would form a group on those who like water activities.

Living in Fintas. Just arrived from Canada. Looking to play some basketball. Is there any courts nearby and if there is a group that plays regularly? I prefer indoors but I dont mind outdoors either. Let me know by email: [email protected].

Hi Acemac
There are 2 basketball courts in Fintas.

Good Idea

Hi, I think it is a good idea.  Why don't you go ahead and form the Activity group yourself, I guarantee you that lot's of people would join.   :)

hi thanks for everything but where are those 2 courts in fintas

Hello, I am Canadian and looking to join some active groups here in Kuwait. A lot of people have been talking about basketball. Are there any people who get together and play? If so, when and where? I am a teacher at TEA and live in Hawally. My email is [email protected]. Thanks.

I like number 3 and 4!!

I am sort of looking for a partner or friends to join me in taking up the scuba diving license. Would be awesome if you could hook us all up!!

And number 4! That would be great! When shall the next outing be and where?

Haven't seen any activities under scuba diving in Kuwait EB! Wonder we can start something. I already got a license, it's PADY. But, need a buddy to dive, are you up?

That sounds great! I just need to get my license done and we can start diving together or something!

Anybody willing to go out on Friday for a drink or any social or sport activities?

fikiwiki wrote:

That sounds great! I just need to get my license done and we can start diving together or something!

Yeah sounds great! I am not exactly sure how you can take the license of Scuba Diving in Kuwait. I wonder it will be expensive there as everything.

Let's build up a group of Scuba Diving.

Any basketball game this weekend ?

what about events

There's one actually in Jabriya for only 150kd for a week class (after working hours and two days scuba - I think, at an island).

[moderated: Expat.com is not a dating website]

Any one from mangaf area??

fikiwiki wrote:

There's one actually in Jabriya for only 150kd for a week class (after working hours and two days scuba - I think, at an island).

You need more clarification.. as below;

1. Whether you will be offered the licence at the end of the class for 150KD?
2. How many dives included for that package (6 or more dives mix of shallow and deep is reasonable)?
3. How many ours of theory class?
4. Is exam fee included into that package?
5. You can take the licence for 100KD if not in Kuwait (sorry about that everything expensive in Kuwait)
6. Cost of gears should definitely be under this package!

I am up for the meetings.:)

there are some dive centers check out this link. kuwaitmantas.com/kuwaitmantas.php?pageid=1
might start diving after 2 months, cuz am facing some problems with the car license. (transportation issue)

I also have a current dive certification... if anyone decides to put together a group and or events, let me know... if it sounds like an interesting outing, I might be able to mitigate some of the costs and help with transportation.  Later I might even consider the opportunity to take regional (gulf or med, or further - up for suggestions) trips with the group or individuals if the location sounds interesting.   :)

Also up for regular socials  :)

It seems we have now few members for Scuba Dive Group as below;

1. Me
2. Fikiwiki
3. Enigmausly
4. Fadif
5. Neryy

Any other members please put a massage.

@layankw- I'm looking at getting scuba certified in Oct/Nov as well.

I want to join scuba diving group also.There is Al boom marine and Palm Hotel offering scuba diving classes.
Al Boom Marine is near Kuwait Scientifice center salmiya.WIll there be a big discount if a group of people go.Please count me in :)

Glad our Scuba Dive Group counting upto 7 now.

Great,,  lets set a dive date after eid holiday. Ill check the available days  after i get back from vacation and will keep u posted.

Hi all, I Just moved to Kuwait, would love to meet some of you and get involved. Huge football fan so please let me know if any of you are playing. I live in Salmiya. You can contact me on 51699560 as well :D

Hey Im definitely interested in scuba. Do I have to register anywhere?

Hello, I'm new to Kuwait.  I would love to join the basketball group.  I normally shoot around at Egalia park in the evenings.   I would like to join a group with more players.

jacob101 wrote:

I want to join scuba diving group also.There is Al boom marine and Palm Hotel offering scuba diving classes.
Al Boom Marine is near Kuwait Scientifice center salmiya.WIll there be a big discount if a group of people go.Please count me in :)

Are those courses they are offering PADI,  and do they give certification?
Count me in if you guys decided to organize a group for scuba diving.  :)

Hey!

I'm new to this country and need to join any sports activity. I am from Brazil working as a teacher.

I would love to join the scuba diving lessons. Please let me know if you guys decide to join.

Hey guys!

Is anyone playing Basket in Salmiya or jogging on the weekends? Are the activities still on?

@moh05 the activities are very much on
Fridays 6:00 AM - Foot soldiers - Running - Marina Crescent fountain
Saturdays 9:00 AM - Runfie - Running/Jogging/Walking - Marina Starbucks
Tuesdays 8:00 PM - Foot soldiers - Running - Mishref running track

All you need to do is put on your running outfits and show up :)

Dear Readers

I am Husen, newly joined the forum, I am a recruiter and come across variety of requirements across many professions.

Currently, I am looking for a Basketball Coach for American University of Middle-East in Eqaila, Kuwait. Interested candidate must have prior experience in coaching and training in basketball.

Please send your CV to [email protected]

Please advise where can I find basketball Coach ? are there any place, club or social venues in Kuwait where like minded basketball fans meet.

Thanks