Original work permit at the airport.

Hi folks. I had an agent that worked out for a job and a work permit for me to Dubai. Fortunately i was successful and the electronic work visa was mailed to me. I however tried reaching the agent so that i can leave for dubai by nxt wk bt not getting through to him. My questions; can i be allowed entry at the airport wit only the electronic visa without  the original? Are there procedures at the airport that wld require the  assistance of my employer? In the absence of my agent what would be my fate? In case i am able to enter can i pick a new job with a different establishment? Could the e-visa sent be a fake one? Please i need answers urgently. (i have not paid any money to the agent yet)

Answers:

1) Most visas issued for employment in Dubai nowadays are electronic (barring few exceptions). The paper visas that need to be deposited at the airport in advance are for dependents, professions such as house maids etc
2) You don't need the agent at the airport.  Everything should go smoothly.  If ever an issue, no one can help you anyway :)
3) No you cannot choose to work for any establishment other than the one that got you the initial visa.  They will convert the visa into a residence permit after a medical.  Working for anyone other than your sponsor is illegal and can get you fined/jailed and deported. You can resign but depending on profession, type of contract, time spent with employer etc, you might get banned from working in Dubai for a while

Very useful. Thnx