New members of the Fiji forum, introduce yourself here

Hi all,

Newbie on the Fiji forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Fiji if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

I'm Sue and I'm hoping to find work in Fiji, in the area of hospitality/tourism training and development.  I've been doing similar work in the Solomon Islands for the past 3 years, mostly with people in rural communities and with those who have small lodges or resorts.

(Moderated: Please post an advert in the section housemaid jobs in Fiji)

Hi, i saw a jpb opening in fiji.
I just want to know about life in fiji as expat and to meet filipinos also.

I am a  pentecostal church worker trying to become a full pastor.
Is it  possible to get a job in fiji and continue and become a full pastor i desire to become ?

Hello,
We have been living in Fiji for 2 years now; having come from the USA.  We retired here after building a house, buying a vehicle and shipping a container here.  We like the slow pace; except when needing repairs etc.  So many things
are difficult to get here if not purchased in Fiji.  better to get appliances, large shop equipment here than to import it.

Good day to all, my name is Asare Adu
I live in Ghana I was born here in Ghana
Am a journalist by profession, am holding many certificate as follows.
Diploma in journalism, communication, components of understanding, First aid, investigation and public relations. With my credentials I have worked with many institutions and communities which I help in developing and sharing the ideas I have acquire.
Please with my coming to fiji, I would like to help in community work and working together in teaching in schools in small towns and isolated areas.
With my certificates and my much experience I will do the best in me to help teaching our children in school.i also want to learn different culture. Thank you for your time . Stay Blessed!!!

Presently am living in Nigeria, but am planning to move to Fiji for  study,
could you please connect me to any Nigerian living in Fiji.

Iam  Dr John silas Frazer ,Medical doctor from India. Age 40 (Born 11-12-1974)You can see me on facebook drJohn silas Frazer.

I did my graduation from LVIV national Medical University ,LVIV,Ukraine from 2000 to 2006

I worked at Wilhelm Medical Center at shadnagar,Telangana state ,India for 5 years as
Medical officer and also as project manager of Wilhelm medical center.

I like to work also among the poor and needy !!!

Iam married to mrs,Havila Frazer in 2007.

We do not have children. May be God will give us one day.

I thankyou  for everything

God bless you
Dr John silas Frazer

HI All. I am new here, name's Naomi and I would love to get ideas on the best holiday spots in Fiji that is reasonably priced but still nice

Am a Electrical Engineer Working as a Power and Distribution Design Engineer  having 5+ years work Experience

Hi there maam. I'm 37yrs old Fijian man working in Papua New Guinea.
The cost of living in Fiji is very cheap. You can spend $200Fj on food for 2 weeks. It depends on how big is your family.

I will find out about the tax for the expatriates and will advice you as soon as possible.

Your family are most welcome in Fiji.

Thank you.

Thank you very much sir. He is coming alone to Fiji. So while calculating expenditure please treat cost for one man. what about accommodation cost. he got offer in National university, Suva. his salary is $5900FJ per month. after considering all taxes, Accommodation and food please let we know the total expenditure per month.
also how much we can save from that 5900FJD

gud day everyone..im a filipina currently working here in hongkong as a domestic worker..but im planning to finish my contract and try my luck going to fiji early nxt year by getting a tourist visa and find a work with my live in partner..ive learned and heard that fiji has a lot of opportunities ..im not a degree holder but im a hardworking and down to earth person i can work even housekeeping or a service  crew and dishwasher in a bar or in a restaurant...i hope u guys can help me

Hi All

Thought I would jump on here and say hello. I am also new to Fiji. For the last 7 years I have been working in Asia ie Vietnam, Philippines and China. I work in the capacity of Executive Chef as have been working mostly in 5 Star Hotels and Michelin Star restaurants throughout Asia and Europe.

I have just moved to Fiji to take up a post as Executive Chef. So far loving it but still don't understand the saying Fiji time as crew in the kitchen work pretty well.

Looking forward to staying here in Fiji for a very long time.

God Bless You All

Chef

What hotel or Resort are you working for?
We live on Taveuni.
Rebecca

Hello guys i am Adithya from India :D i m new to this grp :D

Hi I'm Robyn and I'm looking for a primary teaching job in Fiji or a job as a trainer. I recently returned from a holiday there and fell in love with the place.  I have a Bachelor of Education (Primary), a Diploma of Counselling and a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment.  I worked in a private school in  Melbourne for 10 years and then changed careers to work with troubled youth in various DHS settings.  I'm after another adventure in my life and thought that working overseas would be a another learning journey where I can add to my repertoire of knowledge and experience another culture.  Any suggestions as to what schools and places to investigate would be most helpful I.e Suva, Nadi or ?.?even advice as to agencies in Australia or in Fiji that are reputable would be handy.  Thankyou!

Hi Friends I am Ruknuddin from India am new to this Group

Hi Im Cecil from Phils im new here. I want to have friends from Fiji specially filipinos.. Merry Christmas to all of us.

Becky Mankel wrote:

Hello,
We have been living in Fiji for 2 years now; having come from the USA.  We retired here after building a house, buying a vehicle and shipping a container here.  We like the slow pace; except when needing repairs etc.  So many things
are difficult to get here if not purchased in Fiji.  better to get appliances, large shop equipment here than to import it.

Hi Becky, my husband and I are considering moving to Fiji, specifically Savusavu, from Australia.
We would be doing a similar thing, as in using a container to ship our household goods. We would have to buy a car there, as ours is too old to import. Hope that you could share some of your experiences with us!

Hi, I am Dr. Reena Chauhan, I completed my Ph.D in Chemistry in 2011. Recently working as Research Associate in "All India Network Project on Pesticides" in CCS Haryana Agricultural University, Hisar, Haryana (India). I want to job in Fiji as Assistant Professor/ Under graduate teacher in Chemistry.

HI I AM VIKAS WORKING AS CONSULTANT WITH FNU , RECENTLY SHIFTED TO SUVA FROM INDIA.

PLZ SHARE ABOUT FIJI, PLACE TO BE VISITED AND JOINTS IN SUVA TO HANGOUT

VIKASYADAV wrote:

HI I AM VIKAS WORKING AS CONSULTANT WITH FNU , RECENTLY SHIFTED TO SUVA FROM INDIA.

PLZ SHARE ABOUT FIJI, PLACE TO BE VISITED AND JOINTS IN SUVA TO HANGOUT

Welcome to the forum.

Could you please lower your caps lock when posting as it is considered rude to post in uppercase and is regarded to be the same as shouting at someone.
Thank you.

Maybe there should be a forum on retirement?
I am coming into that zone and can't afford to live in Australia as a retired person. 1.3 mil from the age of 50. I think the islands off Australia could certainly cash in on looking after this group of people namely me!  I want a warm comfortable place to retire and die in rather than a cold hectic place. Does anyone else feel this way?
I would love to have the discussion on this subject and how to move forward.

Hi all,

moving to Suva for a 6 month contract with the University.
An academic psychologist and author of psychology books (e.g., idiots are invincible)
[link moderated]

Browsing the internet for accommodation, car, bike, banking etc. at the moment.
Any suggestions are welcome.

Regards,
Angelo
[link moderated]

I am looking to move to Fiji to work when I finish my masters degree in social work in May 2016.  I have traveled to Fiji several times over the last 9 years.  I am very interested in connecting with others who have moved to Fiji, especially social workers.

RobynHoult wrote:

Hi I'm Robyn and I'm looking for a primary teaching job in Fiji or a job as a trainer. I recently returned from a holiday there and fell in love with the place.  I have a Bachelor of Education (Primary), a Diploma of Counselling and a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment.  I worked in a private school in  Melbourne for 10 years and then changed careers to work with troubled youth in various DHS settings.  I'm after another adventure in my life and thought that working overseas would be a another learning journey where I can add to my repertoire of knowledge and experience another culture.  Any suggestions as to what schools and places to investigate would be most helpful I.e Suva, Nadi or ?.?even advice as to agencies in Australia or in Fiji that are reputable would be handy.  Thankyou!

Any luck? I'm a social worker trying to move as well

Hi again, no need for accommodation. Trip cancelled. Thank you.
A

Looking for new adventures I'm 57 sick of Melbourne but I need a car how do I get a license when I haven't had one for ten years because of travelling around Asia I didn't need one.

I'm from Melbourne I have visited Fiji once in a couple of months I am looking into living in Fiji for two years I don't have a driving license in Australia but need one for Fiji touring how difficult is it to get one .

Dear sir/madam,
I am Ghanaian and wish to move to Fiji in order to find work in the area of business sector or education sector.
I have been doing similar work in South Africa for the past 6 years mostly with the Department of Education.
Hoping to hear from you.
Thank you.

Hi
If you have never had a license and don't have a current one you will have to apply and take a driving
test.  Other than that, they are fairly inexpensive.  Just go to a LTA  office.  That's Land Transit Authority.

I have a license in Bali and own a car but I'm not going to renew my license if I am going to Fiji

I would just bring a copy of that license with you.

Hi Robin,

I've just seen your post on Expat.com.

Are you still interested in coming to Fiji? In the teaching field?

Let me know, I may have something, depending on what you're after.

I'm currently overseas but have lived in Fiji for the last three years and have been coming there for 20 years. I live in Nadi and will be back there early August.

Take care,

Tara

Hi. Retirement is in the mind...To never retire is the best way to go, I think... I understand where you're coming from.. There are quite a number of new people coming to Fiji this year, it seems, from various backgrounds and for various reasons...You'll never be cold, ever again, in Fiji, I can guarantee this LOL
I think we should all get together for a cuppa and for those of us who've been there for a long time should give a hand in terms of advice and friendship to the newcomers; this is what life is all about. I'll be back in Fiji in early August and if some of you are happy with this, let's get together at Balluchino Café or on Wailoaloa Beach at "Travellers" for a cuppa or a drink. Feel free to write to me on ************** with some contact email or phone numbers so I can get back to you and arrange a get together for all those interested.  Meanwhile, take care.

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : do not post personal contact details here for your own security

Hi everybody,

Let's avoid getting this thread off topic.
i remind that you that this topic has been created in order to invite new members to introduce themselves only.

Thanks

Priscilla  :cheers:

Hello I'm micheal the same from Nigeria am also plan to move to fiji before ending of this years can you call me for better communication...

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Please avoid giving over phone numbers on the public forum.

Bula

Just thought of saying hello and should you need assistance in any matters in Fiji let me know.

Willing to assist you should the need arise.

Vinaka

Closed