Security clearance for residence for American citizen

Hi,

My names Beth from the USA. I'm here in Kuwait on a visit visa and I'm trying to get residency.

I'm trying to find the easiest way to get the security clearance from the USA. Anyone know the fastest and easiest way to do this without going back there.

Thanks!

Do you mean Police Clearance Certificate ?

Yes 😊

FBI or your local  city/state police dept.

I think the whole idea of the question is not from where to get it. It is rather HOW to get it WITHOUT GOING BACK to the US .... just emphasizing. Unfortunately I have no answer for that.

i think the best place to get an answer would be the embassy.

They direct you to do In USA. I'm just seeing if anyone from USA can direct me if there is easier way without returning there.

My friend had this problem too and end up having to go back to states for it. If I remember correctly I don't think any embassy can do security clearances here. Good luck!

Thank you, I think same that I have to go back.

All the best wish you good luck

Currently, I am in US to do the exact same thing. It is not just the FBI background that you need to get done, but also medical, and then having your passport stamped by the Kuwait Embassy/Consulate, before you enter back in to Kuwait.
Another thing you have to keep in mind is that it will take you at least two months to get all this done.

omar_mir wrote:

Currently, I am in US to do the exact same thing. It is not just the FBI background that you need to get done, but also medical, and then having your passport stamped by the Kuwait Embassy/Consulate, before you enter back in to Kuwait.
Another thing you have to keep in mind is that it will take you at least two months to get all this done.

Thanks @omar_mir for sharing your experience. Quality info.

Yes thanks Omar great info

Bmk2905

You gotta go back...Once they sent me a commercial visa three years ago all I needed was two things: "unless it's different now"
1-  An attested univ degree from the department of state and Kuwaiti embassy in DC.
2-  A fingerprint clearance from my local police station "I'm from NJ and I got it in two hours"  also make sure it's attetsted from the department of state and the Kuwaiti embassy in DC as well.

-Once you are back to Kuwait take the above for Arabic translations and then get them attested from the department of foreign affair here and finally you will still need a Kuwaiti fingerprint and medical exams.

Good Luck!

Sure np. Let me know if you need any additional info. Also, my company told me to also get my US  driver license  certified from the state department and Kuwait embassy as well. Recently, they have started asking for that, before transferring to Kuwaiti license. So might as well get that taken care of on your trip.

Hi Omar. Just wanted to know if your still in the USA trying to complete this process. I'm planning a trip there and wondering if six weeks is enough time. Did you do this from your home state or did you travel to Washington d.c.

When I called the Kuwait Embassy they told me they only accept clearance from the F.B.I and this I guess takes a long time 😔

Thanks for all your great info.

yes, ...finger print card by the state submitted for a "notarized" certificate from your state, driving 'record' from your state (try to get it notarized), and any documentation of education certified... then authenticated by the  Dept. of State (DC), and then stamped by the Kuwait Embassy in DC... most of the 'authentication' can be done by mail.  Also look into any requirements for a physical according to the visa process your seeking. 

I'm unaware of any way to accomplish this process while a actually abroad.

Also, any documents from the US you already have there that needs submission... type up a short sentence stating how your documents are authentic and are true and correct to the best of your knowledge, and with your legal name below... sign it... staple or attach the statement to your documents as a packet... and then take them to the US Embassy there in Kuwait for them 'notarize' your statement page, placing their little Embassy Stamp on the packet.  This will typically satisfy most other government processes completed in Kuwait.  (the 'magic' US Embassy stamp!  -  lol)

I have already completed my process up here and am planning to return hopefully soon. I did all my stuff from Texas, and you don't need to be physically in Washington, DC.
Most probably it will take more than 6 weeks to complete the process. Because it will take 25 days for the FBI to process your background (as stated in their website) plus the days to send and receive the background through regular mail. They don't want you to send through any other courier.
I downloaded the finger print form from the website, and went to my local county police department, where they have a technician who will assist with the finger printing, so that the recording is legible. Can download the form from the website below

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/identi … s/fd-258-1

Once you receive this then you will have to get it certified from local state, then the US State Department and the Kuwait embassy. This for me took about two and half weeks. Keep in mind that this will be longer if you do it your self. I went through a private company that will take care of all this certification. They charge $150 per document (since I also got my DL certified, so that counted as another document). I have included their link below, in case you want to use them. They are very informed of all the process for different countries in the Gulf.

https://www.uslegalization.com/

The final step will be to send this all, along with your passport to Kuwait Embassy or Consulate, depending which state you are residing in to get it stamped on you passport. For me this was done in one day from the Consulate in LA.

All in all it took me two and a half months to get all this done.

This is an examplary thread for how the blog should be used. Thanks all for sharing.

Yes very helpful information