Misrata

Salaam to everyone!
I am inquiring about the city of Misratah.  I understand that the situation everywhere changes, but  could someone who has recent experience there tell me the atmosphere of that city? Is it safe to walk around ?  When I "google image" Misratah I could only see horrible war zone photos. Does the feeling still persist like that currently?

Hey  :)
i can to tell you Misratah is safest city in Libya about safe situation

I agree Misurata is safer than other cities but as you said things can change fast in LIbya, you shouldn't be worried about moving there at all. Beside it is a beautiful city. I moved there in March 2013 and like you i couldn't get a decent picture of the internet, may i suggest you check my blog, i have a picture gallery on Misurata as well as many posts about living and working there. I'll be happy to answer any questions as well.

I have also inquired about same city and responded from a user as below:
"Accommodation and transport are essential as those can be difficult. The renting market is very harsh as most people prefer to rent their houses to companies rather than individuals. As for transport there are no public bus service or taxi service so you absolutely need a car to move around. If you employer provides it it's great. For your food if you live on your own (without a family) 350 LYD a month will more more than enough and there are loads of big and small supermarkets in Misurata, you'll find everything you need. As Libya import ALL of its food products, you'll find food from around the world although i advice sticking to local products to avoid crazy prices. The round trip is common in expat package, the multiple visa is not always included so this is bonus for you, it might come in handy to move around a bit, some people like to travel to Malta and Tunisia during long weekends and holidays. I cannot tell you what you are supposed to do but i can tell you that Misurata is a very nice place to live, it's safer than some other cities, people are extremely friendly, welcoming and helpful. Security in Libya is a question mark, it changes all the time but the war is over, incidents that do happen are isolated and shouldn't stop you from taking this job. Depending on the salary they offer you, you should be able to live comfortably in Libya, things are pretty cheap especially when you start knowing the city. In terms of going out however, you may find that Libya is not the best spot as people tends to entertain within the family environment. Still there are loads of restaurants and cafes in Misurata and the beach is certainly worth a trip.

Thanks Jameela for your quick, detailed and supportive responses :)

you're welcome mohsinciddiki, i hope you managed to make a decision and that we'll see you soon in Libya.

You too goodfeeling

Libya is a great place to live... welcome everyone

shukran!!  I am so happy you wrote me back-  ( I am still new to this blog site , would you inform me how i could find your link to read your blog/ photos on Misrata please?)

Hi Goodfeeling, you can find my blog by clickin on website under my name on the left hand side of this post or else here is the link (not sure i'm allowed to post it here): jameelaexpattravels.blogspot.com/

Feel free to ask more questions if you need.

Misrata is the most successful city in libya in terms of safety, stability and business. everything is available, supplies, fuel, electricity. Those pictures are 4 years old. it is totally different now. very safe to walk around. i have been there recently and never felt safer after the 2011 revolution.