Let's go out at the weekend..., who has a pretty idea !!!

Hello guys ...,
I hope you a good day .
really i got bored and i wanna have some fun , every weekend passes i can't enjoy because i found out that pleasure not in places or climates or....., its only in people this is the most exciting adventure ever yo can do , really i found out that you i mean all of you guys in this group or generally in my life ...., you are like no other .
give me your idea about event or meeting and i think it will come a true .
just accept the challenge and go on the adventure ...,

Okay I'll suggest something. 

How about the Scientific Center and Aquariam off Arabian Gulf Street (https://www.tsck.org.kw/default.aspx) ? They are both near by and could be covered in two or three hours and there is Marina Mall further up the road for a meal. Also its family friendly but yet engaging enough for those without kids.

Saturday afternoon 4:30 pm is good as it should not be too crowded and accomadate those that do not work on weekends.   

Alternatively there is paintballing (http://www.paintball-kuwait.com/) but those with small kids may be limited.

Did you guys started to hang out  yet ...I am interested to know new people from western culture especially American  as it's important for my work interview which is scheduled within three month from now and based mainly on the communication with American and how far I absorb and can be melted in their culture   ..So my future based on this interview .  NEED HELP

you need to work on your communication friend; people do not "melt" in to anything...

and it kind of defeats the purpose of making new friends if you are already setting rules and standards on who you wish to befriend.

Hey Legacy

Go easy.  Lots of persons on this board need to work on their communication skills - myself included. Cuadate has specific aim; to improve his job chances.

I think Caudate use of the term melt is understanderable. I you look at http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/defin … lish/melt,  the term melt, if use as a verb can be use to describe the action of a person or crowd (the crowd melted away as the riot police approached). There are many more dictoinaries that would support the use of the the phrase "melt in to."  Ideally Caudate should have said something along the lines ... "to absorb the American culture" or "be able to blend into the culture."

No need for Strunk and White (2000) The Elements of Style. Just melt in to the crowd and leave word usage alone.

THanks Legacy, Triniomaria for your comments, But as you notice Legacy you misinterpret my intention based on just one word (melt),which Trini payed my attention to using the wrong word,, I didn't know unless from my communication with both of you ....
That's exactly my goal, to improve my communication with connection and meeting in real life with people especially been taught in  Arabic school in Egypt,with subsequent communication with Arabic community all the time
if I follow your advice of contact a friend what I gonna gain from folks having the same language level and culture as me...........on the other hand, I think I've got what your advice convey( the risk of contact considering our morals difference, I am just thinking in a practical way as there is no other option unless to stay still at this point without improving self to overcome my weak points

Hai dear
i am ready pls contact to me my mobile no 0096555958758,0096565097748

Bay

TriniMario wrote:

Hey Legacy

Go easy.  Lots of persons on this board need to work on their communication skills - myself included. Cuadate has specific aim; to improve his job chances.

I think Caudate use of the term melt is understanderable. I you look at http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/defin … lish/melt,  the term melt, if use as a verb can be use to describe the action of a person or crowd (the crowd melted away as the riot police approached). There are many more dictoinaries that would support the use of the the phrase melt into.  Ideally Caudate should have said something along the lines ...to absorb the American culture or be able to blend into the culture.

No need for Strunk and White (2000) The Elements of Style. Just melt in to the crowd and leave word usage alone.

-----------------------------------

I also don't believe the intent was to state he (or she) was looking to befriend only westerners... I believe (and I could be wrong... but) the intent was to say they wanted to learn how to 'better' verbally interact with westerners to prepare for an interview within a western company - although maybe I'm reading too much into the statement.  (I do see this as possibly flawed as my experience in country tells me that even though it may be a western owned company, it's still typically/primarily ran by regionally cultured personnel - with the possible exception of military facilities - but it never hurts to prepare)    :)

Again I hope everyones week is going well!  :)

Good Day Enigmausly

Agreed.  There is some room for interpretation. With American being replaced by Westerner or culturally attuned person. There is some flexibility in understanding.

Hence in communication the direct words, the context and delivery are all part of understanding what someone says. With an online forum like this with mutltiple primary languages and backgrounds a fair degree of flexibility and acceptance is required.

Anyhow, would be nice to know about your experience in Trinbago. We (my family) will be at Marina Mall on Saturday around midday, most likely Nestle Toll House, if anyone wants to meet up for a chat and snack. Message me if interested.

Mario

So any activity for this week?

Actually  there is not much  fun  in Kuwait.
Night life is boring too.
You need to visit Dubai once in a while.