BEST AREA TO OPEN HAIR EXTENSION SALON

Hi people
I want to find out the best are to open a hair extension salon . Again if this idea of Micro-rings ,Nano hair extensions , braiding and cornrows etc will work here in Mauritius. It's very popular in UK where I had my shop so I'm not sure yet even though I have done my market research but still Not yet convinced.   ;)

So please what do think about this idea?

Many thank

Mrs Mc

Probably better be located in Grand Baie La Croisette or in the North.

Hi there
Thanks a lot for your suggestion.

Hi it's a good idear

Hair business works almost everywhere...not necessarily in the north. Urban regions work best since there is a working population, businesses and quite some purchasing power. 

Getting a hair salon in La Croisette? Why not, but then how many haircuts you should target to pay the rent and other expenses?   (La Croisette seems more a 'promenade' than a shopping mall theses days.. :-( )

In my opinion (our family salon is rated '5-star' by Paul Mitchell in the Indian Ocean) , locating yourself in cities like Port Louis, Quatre Bornes or even Ebene would give you better chances of success. 

Do not bet on a tourist clientele cause they are not 'returning' customers, locals will come back if they are satisfied.

I would say its 50-50. Your idea is good but its too difficult to establish your business in country like Maurittius where you will find many well established saloons already. But don't loose the hope.Give it your best and start your business from that part of mauritius where there is less competiton.

Good products & services will always find a way. When it comes to fashion and beauty sector, no designer or artist can claim a fixed clientele. Customers loyalty is most of the time a medium term affair. so you have fair chances...maybe not as soon as you launch, but definitely when you offer good products & services.

All the best!

Wonderful observation Nadeem. I agree totally with you.

Cheers

Vayid

Thank you dear Vayid :-)

Hie Nadeem

Thank you so much for your valuable advice. You are right when it coming to best products,good service and Location Location . Those are the key. As I'm new I'm doing my market research to see which are and clients I'm targeting....

Hie.

Thanks for your time.

Hi Jasmine

You are right it will be hard but the best is to be a bit different and give unique service and very good products which are not on Mauritius market yet, but hey will see what the market has and take it from there. Thanks.

Hie.

Thanks.

Hi there! Glad I could be useful. I've been living in the hair industry since birth and I've seen my family change the whole Industry
without too much prétentions. :-)  I'm the only one who have escaped this profession and found my happiness in business consultancy.

we brought the first hairdressing school in the country. We introduced Japanese rebonding and nanotechnology,  computer aided systems and much more.  Brought glamour to this ill treated industry (in Indian Caste, the hairdressers are low class people and it reflected long ago in Mauritius). We've exported our cousins to Australia, Canada and Italy where they continue to shine.

If you want we can chat over a cup of coffee... I'll be happy to share my knowledge. applies to any one who loves coffee :-)

Hi

I need your details as we are not allowed to leave our phone number here

Thanks

Good idea, pre bonded hair extensions very popular in uk.

Hello do you still sell hair extension. Where can i buy? I live in grand baie. Thanks..