Organize an Expat blog meet-up!

[moderated: off topic]

Depends a lot on you... age, income, likes, dislikes etc. Phils has things to suit most people... but difficult to escape some things...

the heat is one, unless you live at altitude in Tagaytay (one hour south of Manila)  or Baguio (four hours north of Manila) and some mountainous areas of Mindinao. 

another ever-present thing is the poverty and squalor, unless your budget allows you to live in select areas such as Makati, Global City, and exclusive coastal developments if your prefer the country.

if you want to live well in comfort, close to bar hotspots, and cheaply too, choose a mid-price gated development such as Lakeview Manors, Taguig, (my place) or similar developments springing up all other the cities and country areas too.

If you are not easy-going and expect everything to work efficiently, corruption-free, healthily, on time etc etc forget the Philippines and stay in the USA!

Me and my friend over at Internations is starting an Ortigas meetup.  Here are the brief details:

TGIF Robinsons Galleria in Ortigas Center
Time:  7:30PM
Date:  Every 1st and 3rd Wednesday of the month
Kick-off:  October 15, 2014

Will update everyone again when it gets closer (sorry, wanted kick-off to be Oct 1 but I'm traveling then)

Basically, once we kick-off, we meet regardless if 1 person shows up or a million!  Just message me for my number.  And then if you show up great.  If not party still goes on!

Great idea! I live in The Fort area. Would be nice to meet expats living in The Fort, GBC

[moderated: off topic + no need to post everywhere the same thing. Send us your suggestion here]

hello...this is my number..09395386247

im ciraily i will be happy to know you more...

Please make it in Cebu :).

Hi everyone! Im planning to take haad by next year,can somebody teach me how to apply since i should do the dataflow,.dataflor somehow is quiet confusing.did anyone who already took the exam can teach me how to apply for haad exam.thanks in advance!😃

Is anyone organizing one in Davao City?  My wife and i would be interested in a meet up of ex pats

Is there any happening in Davao City with expats meeting

Hi ... I want to have it in Cebu. Probably this SInulog... C'mon guys, hus with me?

Interested to meet up.  Won't be there for Sinulog,  arrive 1st week of March 2015. Would be nice to meet other expat's and locals to get some cool advice on living there, as we are 1st time travellers to the Philippines.  Date and venue to be arranged Professor Cebu
:cool: Ian

I am also an expat, will be nice to meet up with other expats; I will be in Cebu on the 23rd of March staying at Days Inn in Toledo City;

Yes, we can move it on April 9 guys if you want it here in Cebu City. :)

Hi,
Im Adora, studying spanish at Instituto deCervantes Manlla. I would like to have regular group meetings with spanish speakers.

im in alabang area so breakfast meetings and or any activtities will do to help me practice speaking the language.
My availability is also on saturdays either morning or after my spanish class in Cervantes which is after 4pm.

Hope we can get a group like this.

Cheers!!

adora

My wyfe and me are french. We leave to Manila in Makati. We thinks its a good idea to meet other expatriats.

frenchtom wrote:

My wife and me are french. We live in Manila in Makati. We thinks its a good idea to meet other expatriats.

Cool. Im also in Cebu :)

windyrain wrote:

Cool. Im also in Cebu :)

cool. lets do it windyrain ;)

At least 10 membera here should come and meet up together. It would be great!

hi everyone
im here in caloocan city ,

I want visit philpinee I have one friend she want send me invitation letter but I have no bank statement plss any friend tell me idea what can I do

@luckyss - what country are you from?

luckyss wrote:

I want visit philpinee I have one friend she want send me invitation letter but I have no bank statement plss any friend tell me idea what can I do

i dont think you need a bank statement..

Hi, Jullien, I'm Leah and i want to make new friend in Brazil in Sao Paulo. i'm Planning to visit Brazil by the end of 2015. will  be nice to talk to and meet a Phillino like me.

This post had been quite quiet, lol

add me to meet up list
Ray - Malaysian here

What about Dumaguete?   Woof Woof.

If there will be an expat meeting in Metro Manila I'm in :)

better for you live in pakistan. i m here in philippines. i know better than you. do not waste money. you cannot get  permanent visa or citizen ship after marriage.you will waste your money.here people embrace islam and be muslim for grocery, and....................till supply grocery  from masjid or rich muslim men...... he is muslim...................if no grocery supply for cooking food no muslim ............again christian. hahhahahahahahahahahah

wooow cool.....meeting up is good... im here near makati fort

Hi Guys Im New here

So, did the meet up happened?

1st time I had a meet with the members of this site 2 years ago... there were 6 of us! We did had fun... the music was too loud for us to converse well.

I had 3 meets with the other site and the last time was a blast! It is going on every year and I think this year ( in December)... it will be held in iloilo.

Hi. I'm new to this site. Would be nice to meet up with fellow expats in Manila. Is anyone organizing?

Hi, while I am not yet in the Philippines, I will be arriving permanently on June 24th and I think it's important that each of us that are considered "expats" form a close relationship to make all of our experiences more meaningful. Sharing ideas will improve all of our lifestyles.
I am all for meet ups!

Hi. All.  Is there any meet up so far in Philippines .? If not , I am seriously wish to plan tell me

Hi everyone!

I'm from Manila..
Last year i was in Vietnam..
I lived there for almost 4yrs.
If you want to have a gathering somewhere in Manila, it'll be fun😀

Have a good day!

Yes...I"m in for gathering

Heey so any people in ortigas pasig?