Heeeelp

hi there me and friend are looking to relocate to malta within the next 2 months, and was just wondering where the best place was to find jobs? i.e. websites? and what the rough cost of living is thanks look forward to hearing from you :)

Please do read all the information that abounds on this forum and then perhaps pose a specific question?
I'm not being intentionally rude but so many people pose these general questions and all the answers are here, already, if you look. Look amongst the separate categories too. Start here: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=370643

I also notice your previous line of work ( a former wooden floorlayer and experience in scaffolding) and have to say I doubt if you would get any in that line out here and even if you did it will be very low pay. Rough cost of living? Depends upon lifestyle but overall and very generally it is about 25% less expensive than UK.

scaffolding in malta  - hmmmm

Scaffolding in Malta is well paid, even labourers in scaffolding. There are many English that work here. This would be your first port of call.

maybe a little too sarcastic... on my part

Nice link to a well known company.

Do you have an idea of the actual range of salaries here in Malta?

Cheers
Ricky

No I don't Ricky, I just know a few lads that work as scaffolders, either with Matrix or on the rigs and they are all doing pretty well for themselves (buying property etc.) It's not in the league of igamming or anything but it's certainly not low paid.

toonarmy9752 wrote:

maybe a little too sarcastic... on my part

Yeah, I get ya! :)

:)

cheers pal least somebody is usefull

Case to illustrate and I know this is Gozo but............I am watching the demolition of a 3 storey house that is at the 'point' of a row of buildings that form an island between two roads. No PPE (but who needs that  :whistle: ) and being demolished by two men. Walking along the top of the unsupported walls, the roof has been removed and not an inch of scaffolding in sight, knocking out the blocks of the walls they are standing on.

exactly

haha ok

it was a simply sarcastic remark Lew Lew  - nothing more matey

just winding myself pal dont listen to me! just frustrating being stuck this shit hole country

Just a little tip if you are thinking of coming to malta, my husband works for a scaffolding company here, actually he is on his 4th company. They get paid reasonable, if they are working on a rig, but you have to work a 12 hour shift, but if they are on the streets the money is a joke. Dont expect anything to be like the uk in any shape or form because its not, but if you are willing to give it a try feel free, matrix and ssl scaffolding are always looking for men, more so properly trained scaffolders than labourers, but if your serious give it a go :-).

thank you much appreciated i have been scaffolding for 3 years just have no tickets, i will give them a call thanks for the help :)

The cost of living is as cheap or expensive as you want it to be, and all depends where you want to stay, with regards to transport etc. buses are cheap, i think petrol is on par with the uk not 100% sure though. All local produce is relatively cheap, if you smoke, well thats half the price of the uk, and if you drink cans are usually 1euro-50cents in a bar, but probably get it cheaper if you look around. With regards to accomodation, as i said all depends what you are looking for, and what area you want to be in. Hope this helps you a little.

fuel in malta is still cheaper than Uk but only just.

of course in malta there is no shopping around for the cheapest as they all charge the same unlike uk you can find cheaper fuel - mainly at the main supermarkets - but in Malta no such thing as offers.

This topic has piqued my interest as it appears that as a result of international liaison regarding offshore H&S Regulations, employers have provided far safer working environments offshore than onshore Malta. Not surprised, just saying like. The owners of rigs employ more workers than an average, usually subcontracted, 'company' here and so will provide better conditions as they will not be exempt any responsibility.
New European Offshore Directive for oil and gas operations to be issued next year.
(Apologies , my Asperger's kicked in on this subject.)

Demolition man now standing on outside wall, swinging the sledge hammer and throwing the blocks and other stuff down into lorry from 2nd storey height. Rubble and dust everywhere and road not even closed. Jeesh!!

health and safety still a high priority then..!!!!!

Say one thing, he's a damn hard worker!

only whens hes alive.....

Id like to know too, cause im moving as well...yay!

Young worker, 17, injured on his first day at work
Youth was 'passenger' in fork-lift truck, suffers grievous injuries but not in danger of dying.
He was a 'passenger' on a fork lift on the road!!!

http://www.maltatoday.com.mt/news/court … B0j2_mSzh4

Local worker killed last week when a wall collapsed BUT we have scaffolding on Gozo!!
I also bet the warden is there to stop it from being 'wombled' rather than for H&S reasons.
http://gozonews.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Statue_Danger_Wirt_Ghawdex.jpg

http://gozonews.com/52504/wirt-ghawdex- … ur-statue/