Fiancee Visa

And if they said they have much workload of application this time of the year, then they should find a way how to make it faster according to the processing time that they have been telling us. I hope there is a suggestion or comment box in the UDI's page and that we can write them of how we are feeling about their service. My fiancee will gonna drop a letter to them in their mail box, letting them know how we feel about it. Atleast they will be aware of whats happening outside their office.

I know exactly what you mean, and we're going through the same thing.. Sometimes I want to scream, and other times I just want to cry! It's frustrating, but I think I know what they're doing.. Maybe I'm talking crap, but it seems to me that they're making couples wait as long as possible, because they want to see if they'll stay together after being separated for such a long period of time.. I don't think they want too many of us moving to their country.. That seems like the only reason they could have for taking such a long time...

I don't really think they care.. They'll just say that they're really busy and that we have to wait.. like they always say...

I understand all the frustrations you have. It was a little easier during the time i got married. I think that there is a lot screening going on brcause there is quite a number of proforma marriages here. Couples who have real relationships, unfortunately, suffer the consequences. Let me just say that the waiting period for family reunification is the same.

You have a point Willow, maybe they are doing it so.. but why they keep on getting refugee from other country. As what my fiancee told me about it.. Their government keeps on getting refugees from other countries. They spend a lot of money to support the refugees. It is really very kind of them and i agree of them for their help to the refugees but for norwegians who wants to get married and take their love ones to be with them makes it dfficult. when they are paying this big taxes. they must give a favor to the citizens of Norway, because they are giving money to the government.

Yeah, so I've heard.. I guess they have their reasons.. But I also think that if they're not too sure, they could just interview us & see for themselves.

So after we're approved, if everything goes according to plan, they'll give us 6 months to marry; then after that I need to apply to stay once a year. The joy..

True story.. I did see quite a few refugees when I was there last year..

I don't know.. I guess they're just trying to make sure our relationships etc are real, and it's not the 'buy a bride' case :P

We've got to wait another month and a bit, then it'll officially be 9 months (even though we gave our papers in late December 2013 / early January 2014, the office in Norway only received it at the end of January..)!

I hope you will get your visa on the 9th month so that atleast we will be having a hope also that we might get ours also on the 9th month.. Anyway, my fiancee will visit me this November and he will stay for 3 weeks so then atleast we can be together.. Happy!

Thank you! Mine has been here 3 times already this year, but it gets tough because he also has to work.. The last time I saw him was in July.. :(

it depends of your sponsor income bec,the one who can make the decession of fiancee visa is the udi norway not the philippines.
like what i did before they said that 6 months but i have only 2 months to wait of my visa.
thanks very much

That's the tricky part! They look at our partners' income, so they cant visit as often as they'd like!

Yup, UDI in Norway calls all the shots, not the embassy in any of our countries..

just wait i am sure your faincee was approve not end of this year.
thanks very much for the reply

I just applied for my fiance visa OCT 2, 2014.... and its the start of my WAIT :) Good to read this blog... knowing people who are in the same shoes as i am :) I'll update you when i got the response. Good luck to all of us

Congrats cris_bags1218
I hope you will have the result soon. we can smell it that you are coming here in Norway pretty soon :)
We had they same encounter when I'd submmet my application. And just a weak I receive the result on mail.

Congrats and good luck.;)

I had my appointment in embassy oct 2, 2014  for fiance visa. They didn't ask much question. They only ask me one question... "is he an engineer?" ,,,, they check all my papers if it is complete. Gave me this blue card to bring to 21st floor. When i get there... im expecting to be interviewed but they didn't. I was just ask to hand in my passport and all the docs. They told me that the processing period is within a month in some cases it will take up to nine months.

hopefully i will get the response soon...

To: 'Sweetlhynz': You got an answer within a week after applying? Really? What month did you apply?

sweetlhynz wrote:

Congrats cris_bags1218
I hope you will have the result soon. we can smell it that you are coming here in Norway pretty soon :)
We had they same encounter when I'd submmet my application. And just a weak I receive the result on mail.

Congrats and good luck.;)

Hi :-)

You mean it took a week for you to be granted the fiance permit?

I applied April 30, 2014
I got the result May 9, 2014
Yes. The result came out 7 working days just since I applied. .

You're so lucky!! It's been just over 8 months for me.. (actually longer, but counting from when UDI said they 'officially' got my papers.. meh

Yes, you are very lucky...it's been 10 months for us.

gatindi wrote:

Yes, you are very lucky...it's been 10 months for us.

Hi gatindi.... did the embassy took your passport and keep it while you visa is being processed? Because here in manila they did

Hi cris_bags1218 :-)
They only took the copies and I got to keep my passport. In fact they took copies of all my documents and I went home with the originals.

Hi guys i need some help, im here now in norway to visit my boyfriend and i come here august 18 and my visa will end november,i've been  here also last january to april this year so this is my 2nd time to came here.and now we find out that i am pregnant 1month,so my question is,can i stay longer here in norway or can i apply another visa again while im here? I have only 3months visit visa thank u.

Jazme wrote:

Hi guys i need some help, im here now in norway to visit my boyfriend and i come here august 18 and my visa will end november,i've been  here also last january to april this year so this is my 2nd time to came here.and now we find out that i am pregnant 1month,so my question is,can i stay longer here in norway or can i apply another visa again while im here? I have only 3months visit visa thank u.

I suggest that you get your boyfriend to check up with the authorities about this.

Jazme wrote:

My friend told me who is living there.... if you get pregnant while visiting your boyfriend in norway,,, they will allow you to stay. I think you can stay there for good :) Just speak with the politi or UDI oslo... they will instruct you what to do. Here is UDI oslo # 23351600. Its long waiting before your call get entertained. I advice you also to go personally at the police station and ask what to do about your case

Thank you very much for your response,we will do that..Tusen takk igjen.

Hello friend,,i've been already to doctor and police about my case..and they told me much better ti call the udi,,and today my bf called the embassy,but the sad thing is they dont allow me to stay here for good even i am pregnant now,,because they said about the rules,i need to go back home in my visa validity,,God i want to cry a lot! I was very dissapointed.even im pregnant and sure this is norwegian baby ,,,they dont allow me to stay?? How can i go back again here in norway ??i want to give birth my child here,,i need to stay in phil for 3months after i been here and my baby will be 5 and half months after that!!

Jazme wrote:

Hello friend,,i've been already to doctor and police about my case..and they told me much better ti call the udi,,and today my bf called the embassy,but the sad thing is they dont allow me to stay here for good even i am pregnant now,,because they said about the rules,i need to go back home in my visa validity,,God i want to cry a lot! I was very dissapointed.even im pregnant and sure this is norwegian baby ,,,they dont allow me to stay?? How can i go back again here in norway ??i want to give birth my child here,,i need to stay in phil for 3months after i been here and my baby will be 5 and half months after that!!

It would be better for you and your boyfriend to get married in Philippines, when you go home. Your borfriend can start gathering all the requirements so when you go home you only your paper need to be process.

Just get married in the city hall so things will be fast. Then when you get your Marriage cert NSO you can apply for spousal visa which will take only 2 weeks or 3 weeks to process in philippines. If you apply for fiance visa it might take long waiting period.

Dont be sad.... everything will be alright. Your husband needed document to marry you are NO IMPEDIMENT TO MARRIAGE, DIVORCE CERT (IF applicable). Then he have to get LEGAL CAPACITY TO ENTER MARRIAGE in Norwegian embassy here in MANILA.

The NO IMPEDIMENT TO MARRIAGE is the requirement to get LEGAL CAPACITY in manila. For more info go to NORWAY EMBASSY PHILIPPINES WEBSITE. Also for the marriage in Philippines.... your boyfriend need to stay in Philippines minimum 12 days. Because the philippines has this rule for forgeiner getting married in philippines the marriage should be after 10 days of his arrival in Manila.

If you were only in makati i can help you with this things,,, i know a judge in makati city hall that can take care of your marriage and things will be fast. You know when you get married in philippines you need to attend seminars and a cho cho cho.... well i know someone who can take care of all this so you will just relax and wait til your wedding day :)

Hello everyone.... ive got my visa today! It took only 3 weeks to wait from Oct 2, 2014

stephy25 wrote:

we were able to hand in the application today at the politi here in trondheim, at first the officer said that my application might get denied right away if the UDI see that im on a tourist visa so we got nervous then she continued saying "but if you are a skilled worker" so i said yes and handed her my transcripts and other requirements for being a skilled worker so now me and my fiancé will be waiting for the result here in trondheim. i hope all of us applicants here gets good results.

Hello Stephy,

Can you expound further about being a "skilled worker?"
You mean, you applied for work and got a job while on Schengen Visit Visa in Norway?

What are the requirements or documentations to present for one to be defined as a "skilled worker" so I can as well file  a fiancee permit before the expiration of my Schengen Visa.

Please help!

Thank you!

hi sandrine

as far as i know, we cant look for work in norway while on a tourist/visit visa..

here is UDI's definition of a skilled worker:
Skilled Worker

Stephy had answered me about this too (on a seperate thread), i will be relaying what she told me, if u wont mind... proofs for being a skilled worker will be ur transcript of records (from ur college or university) and Certificate of Employment from the companies u'v worked for.. she told me as well that the documents she had wasnt authenticated (or red ribboned as we call it)... tho NSO birthcert and CENOMAR needed to be red ribboned..

thanks pheebz for responding to their question im sorry i havent been online because i got married just last friday hihihi

we submitted our marriage certificate to udi last monday and they have changee my application from fiance permit to family reunification all i have to do now is wait :) i hope everyone here is doing well

hi sandrine,

to clear it up i applied for fiance permit before my tourist visa expired.

the skilled worker thingy came because the politi officer said in exact words of her when we were there to submit my documents "oh youre on a tourist visa, did u know that you can get denied right away? unless u are a skilled worker too"
so i handed her my original school papera and work papers from the philippines which i was lucky i prepared the week before.

@stephy25
Congrats for newly weds!
Glad to read your helpful post here especially that about tourist visa thing then getting married there. I am planning to open this up to my fiance. We have been in relationship since April 2014 and got engaged in June.We have been together several times in this span of months here in Philippines and Taiwan.
right now  a student because we wanted to finish my bachelor Degree because this would be very helpful soon once I'm in Norway. I will graduate soon by October 2015.And after that my fiance will get me to Norway and live there, but i don't want to wait for long months waiting for a fiance visa for this would take several months to wait. So i planned to just get a tourist visa and get marry in Norway. I just have some questions about when you have applied with your family reunification visa after marriage. On a tourist visa this can be denied right away, but unless u are a skilled worker,.My questions are, what are  there criteria s for a skilled worker? I only can only give  them my school credentials but i have also worked in Taiwan for 3 years, but not related with my course anyway.
Your answer would be a very great help. Thank you.

this is their definition according to UDI

http://www.udi.no/en/word-definitions/skilled-worker/

you're welcome :)

I have just applied for fiance visa this friday and the only question asked was if it is my first time to apply a visa then he stamped my passport, gave me the blue card to proceed to 21st floor and handed the documents together with the passport.  The lady told me they will process it in a month.  I pray to get the positive result.

Hello! I have been also in norwegian embassy i applied fiance visa  last dec 01,2014 and until now im still waiting..i really hope we will get visa very soon,

Happy new year everyone.  Im praying that everyone will be more happier this 2015 and that the visa processing will be faster.

I am humbly asking for you advice,help and ideas. Me and my bf are planning to get married this year and we applied for fiance visa. I enrolled in udi portal on 3rd week of december, 2014  and booked an appointment scheduled on January 21, 2015. Im just curious about the requirement, it was stated there in udi checklist  that he needs to send me a confirmation from relevant authority of the marital status my bf, however, i got confused coz i read in one blog here that he needs to submit "no impediment to enter into marriage and legal capacity to enter marriage". can anyone please tell me based on your experience and document submission, did the embassy asked you for those papers?  Can you please give me the checklist of documents you submit? if you dont mind.

2nd question, i read that its faster to apply for tourist visa than fiance visa. Has anyone here experienced to switch application on portal from fiance to tourist visa? Can I get refund on the payment i made in the portal?

Is it really better to just apply for tourist visa then apply for fiance visa when already there?

All ideas are highly appreciated. Looking forward for your advice. Salamat daan..

Hi michellecebu... i got one question,,, have you visited your boyfriend and stayed in Norway on shengen visa?

I strongly advice you apply for shengen visa first and visit Norway. Norwegian authority are avoiding marriage propaganda or anything... by not being in Norway yet might give them an impression that your marriage is one of those marriage propaganda,,, regardless how many times your boyfriend visited philippines. And your application for fiance visa will take a long processing time.

Well with regards to your bf documents... he needs to contact SKATT (skatteetaten) and ask for confirmation of his marital status. If he is divorce he needs to contact FYLKESMANNEN for divorce confimation.

The "no impediment to..." is processed in Norway when you are already here.... and applying for marriage licence. And the "legal capacity...." is being processed by Norwegian Embassy if you will get married in Philippines. In short this requirements is not part of fiance visa application. Only those i mentioned in 2nd paragraph :)

To michellecebu.... one more thing. Technically you will need to go back philippines after your stay in Norway under shengen visa. And you have to apply fiance visa in Philippines.

if you dare to apply fiance visa while in Norway under shengen visa your application will not be granted,,, right away you will be denied. BUT.... it works only if you are a skilled worker,,, then they will allow you to apply while your stay is only tourist.

in my case... i got my fiance visa approved less than 3 weeks. I stayed Norway only 2 mos on a shengen visa then, when i got back in manila i applied for fiance visa. I arrive manila Sept 15.... and my fiance visa application appointment was Oct 2,,,, I got my fiance visa approval Oct 20 :)