Citizenship by descent

Good day.

I am a Namibian citizen, and i want to apply citizenship for my child by descent.  Do you know how much the fees are.  I phoned some agent and he said 10000 nad...isnt that abit ridiculous?  and would it be a problem at home affairs if my child is already in a school in namibia for 6 months already....

thanks in advance!

Hello johndo

Welcome to Expat.com

Hope that somebody who got the information will soon help you out.

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Where was your child born?

We have applied for Citizenship by descent and not paid anywhere near that figure, only the cost of getting documents together and submitting them to the Immigration Office...

Whoever told you 10,000 nad is looking to screw you over....

Hi Mike.

Thanks for the reply, appreciate it.  That's a sigh of relief....  My child was born in SA.

Yah..was also thinking that!

Our daughter is 2 years old, and she is in a registered Montesorri pre-school at the moment.

Citizenship by Descent should be no problem for you, just make sure you have all the right documents before sending them to the officials in Windhoek, otherwise it will delay things.

We are still waiting for our daughter's answer on this question, and we applied in October 2013....

I am a UK national by birth, and I have domicile and just recieved my Certifcate of Identity, (Spetember 15th 2014) nearly a year after I applied. The Certificate was signed and approved in March 2014, but they didn't send it to me until September. I chased them every week since December for this document to finally get it 6 months after it was signed.

The lesson here is to chase things thoroughly and not give up....

Mike