Office and Home Furniture - Fresh Ideas

I've been a bit quiet on the forum since we arrived - but safe to say we are loving it  :)

Part of the reason we came to Malta is Mum in Law has been ill this year - and unfortunately was ambulanced to Mater Dei last night after a fall. She is OK but we are looking into care options that might be available.

On to the point ...

We have a very specific requirement that we don't seem to be able to satisfy at the Furniture shops we've visited in Naxxar, Fgura or at the Atrium (although they came close).

Our beloved doggie Hannah loves to settle between us on the sofa but we don't currently have a sofa. Maria and I are also converts to reclining seats - the only thing we wanted to bring with us was our 3 seater sofa with reclining seats at either end. But we couldn't justify it (although had we realised how difficult it was to replace ...)

Judging by the furniture stores it seems the "in" thing is a sofa where one end has a chaise (which we don't want and don't have the space for).

I have just put a Wanted Ad on Maltapark but could anyone recommend or suggest where we might get a (ideally cream) 3 seater sofa with 2 recliners (one at either end)?

Oh, and if it was lower cost that's good but we will pay for quality  :)

While I'm at it - we need to set up a home office. Again, the places we've visited has very expensive price tags for what I would call "MFI" quality. I don't want to buy office desks and chairs to then discover there is a place that is the "go to" store for new (or secondhand) quality office furniture ... so again - any advice greatly appreciated.

Have a great day  ;)

try looking at sicily and not malta  - malta prices in my experience are shocking....

Have a look around at charity shops, they do exist and sometimes have some good quality furniture in.
I hadn't noticed recliners out here so I brought our own.

Had the same problem. You first of all can't find anything 'normal' for a 'normal' price. If you would though it would take 6-8 weeks to deliver. In the end I went to Maltapark and bought some very high quality secondhand stuff for the price I was considering buying lower quality new furniture.

I've heard people say it can be cheaper to get a local carpenter to build your furniture. Is this true?

MoscowClog wrote:

Had the same problem. You first of all can't find anything 'normal' for a 'normal' price. If you would though it would take 6-8 weeks to deliver. In the end I went to Maltapark and bought some very high quality secondhand stuff for the price I was considering buying lower quality new furniture.

Thats what I'm trying -  even have a wanted Ad up - but no joy so far. Everything is either sold or no response. Still early days  :)