Bringing your pet to Malta - a success story!

Please could you send me this very useful link too please? Thanks 😃

Instead of just asking, look for the answer... here it is :

http://vafd.gov.mt/pet-travel-scheme?l=1
Hi Pablo use this link and it explains everything. It really is quite straightforward.
The main points are that you have to:

Have a pet passport
Pets be micro chipped
Pets be vaccinated against rabies
Notify the authorities here of date and time of arrival
Unquote

Hello !
Your post is dated 2013....hope you are stil settled in Malta.

Could you please give me more information regarding the procedure for coming with my pet to Malta ?

Who did you contact first ?

Thank you
Kind regards from France
Cathy

My post is not a month old yet. It is all in there.

Regards from a French in Malta
And welcome soon

Did you have to recheck you dog when you took the AirMalta flight? We are trying to bring our dog with us this winter and are getting so much conflicting information. Any help you have would be great... thank you!

We had an 18 hour stay in Istanbul. We had to get visas to stay in a hotel for the night we picked up our dog and took him to the hotel with us and then had to take him back to recheck. Prior to leaving the airport be sure you pet has the stickers on their kennel saying they are checked in from point A all the way to point B. Or else they will charge you again for the flight.
Also be sure all of your paperwork is in order. Some agents really looked at it and others didn't

I'm looking for a pet sitter to stay at my home while I travel back to the U.S. For the holiday's.
I have a very friendly black lab mix who doesn't like to sleep alone. Dugan is 5 and is very well behaved. Quit the wiggler. I have tried the kennels but they are booked. I like the idea of  my dog either staying home or staying  with the sitter. Every place I tried seems to be booked for that time. I guess Maltese people plan early. We just moved here and I don't know many people to ask.

Another success story, our cat is with us in Malta. For anyone who want to get a pet from Ireland I suggest you to check this crowd MULTI CARGO LTD they are very professional.

Comp to that.. Used them aswell to get my cat here :)

Hi georgeingozo,

Can you PM me those as well, please.

Thank you.

On Saturday brought our dog to Malta from the United States. Lufthansa was the best :) Thanks for your help expat-bloggers!