New members of the Sri Lanka forum, introduce yourself here

hi nirantha.. i like to do a job in korea.. can u help me..  :)

I am Carlo milroy,A Massage Therapist.I would like to get to know good friends through this Expat.com & happy to offer my service.Thank you.

Greeting !

kindly enroll me in forum

best regards
erwinn

hi how are you?

nadeera m bandara wrote:

hi how are you?

Hi Welcome to Expat.com. Please write a small self introduction here and then others will say you "hi"
Regards
Mal

Hello All

I am married and 59 years of age collecting company pension and state pension when I am 66.
Home owner no mortgage looking to retire or have holiday home in the uk winter. Have been reseaching several places. But interested in Sri lanka.

Have pet reptiles would like advice on importing them to Sri Lanka?

Advice on Health insurance for myself and wife in Sri lanka?

My past career I was a fish chef at Harrods in London. Engineer for BMW, NVQ Assessor varied subjects. My interests are all water sports, including ice and snow. All wildlife and taking pictures of them. Interested in all topics. Regards John Marshall

Hello I'm Deborah and thinking of moving to Sri Lanka for 3 months to determine if this is where we want to retire. I'm Canadian but lived in Bahrain for 6 years and US for 10.  I am a certified EFL teacher and am a lawyer. 
Considered India but I really love the gentleness of Sri Lankan people.
Any feed back would be great fully received.

Hello Deborah
I am the same as you I will be in Sri Lanka for a month next year. For myself a wife I have been quoted £169 pounds a month health insurance. I have 3 pet reptiles which I require to import to Sri Lanka. The price of property rentals seems cheap in Sri Lanka. Petty crime from my reseach seems bad also the amount of dogs roaming the country  and some have rabies. The Buddhists are usually very caring obout all animals shame about the minority of people. I have visited Bali and found very poor treatment of animals was the norm and begging on the streets. It seems for expats and locals with more money having gardeners and maids is the norm in Sri Lanka I am not sure if I like the idea. Property in England is expensive to buy. I think I will be more likely to be living in the South of France and have a holiday home for the winter in Sri lanka. The main reasons are free health protection in the EEC for EEC Members. Cheaper property in France than in uk. Pet importation is free and very easy. regards John

@ Johnmarshall
Hi, I tried to find some information but couldn't get yet.
Until then please read this
http://www.pettravel.com/immigration/SriLanka.cfm

you can also try to get some news from here
http://www.daph.gov.lk/web/
phone-009 481 238 8462

Rabies in Sri Lanka goes down, please check this.
http://www.dailynews.lk/?q=features/rabies-down

Deborah7 wrote:

Hello I'm Deborah and thinking of moving to Sri Lanka for 3 months to determine if this is where we want to retire. I'm Canadian but lived in Bahrain for 6 years and US for 10.  I am a certified EFL teacher and am a lawyer. 
Considered India but I really love the gentleness of Sri Lankan people.
Any feed back would be great fully received.

Hi Debora,
Welcome to Expat.blog and welcome to Sri Lanka!
After the war now the country has more visitors and pensioners as well.
I can assure you, that you can live a comfortable life here with your pension.
According to their standard of life, people all live here depending on the money they get monthly. Some local family gets $200 when the other family gets $500 and both live together. Consumables are little expensive. Most locals own a house so no house rentals. public transportation is not much. please read this
expat-blog.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=5139

:) Hello everyone.......

Hi subashthavaraja

Welcome on board :)

Just saying " Hello everyone " ..is not a proper introduction here. It's written clearly - " We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic,  to share with us your expat story... "  so basically we expect members to write down a few more words telling us a bit more about themselves

Thank you :)

Maximilien

We retired to Sri Lanka last year on a Dream Home visa, at the age of 55, and love it. We live in Weligama  in our own house with a large garden. We find the cost of living is low compared with UK allowing us a much better quality of life than we could ever have there. We too contemplated India but find Sri Lanka far gentler and more laid back.

realy this an amazing massage as a son born in Sri lankan soil proud to grab this yuo meet us in mass media intenational see mass media news

I fell in love with the place when I holidayed there in March.  Am trying to sell my house here before I can move out there.
I was told to rent when I get to S L as buying now is too expensive.  I am bringing my two Jack Russells with me but so far have not been in any contact with anyone who has gone to S L and taken a dog.

Regards

(Moderated: no free ad on the forum pls + register in the business directory)

Hi all

Its nice to join this network of expacts. I am from the field of of hr,consulting and talent acquisition.. Looking to move to botswana gabrone for anything challenging.. Does Anyone know any suitable person I could connect to..

Cheers
Jessica

Hello

It's great to hear how happy you are on your Dream Home Visa. I would like to apply. Can you tell me how you did it?  Did you use a facilitator or a broker?  Or did you deal with immigration direct?  If you dealt with immigration direct can you give me a contact please?  If you dealt through a facilitator or broker may I please have their contact details?  Many thanks. Regards. Christopher

(Moderated: no free ad on the forum pls + register in the business directory)

asanka2014 wrote:

:) hi all i am asanka grt to know u all i am currently looking for a job or to start a business i need 30,000 LKR monthly pls call me 0714848434

Hi and welcome to the forum

It would be better if you gave some information about what sort of job you are looking for, what qualifications you have and what experience you have.
Why do you want that amount of money. I would say that any prospective employer will be put off by someone asking that he wants a certain amount of money. The employer offers a salary and then negotiations start.

asanka2014 wrote:

i am sorry i did not know that i should not ask for a salary like this. the reason is because i have a big family to feed.
thank u for helping me i will create a post without mentioning about money

Good luck with your job hunting.

stumpy wrote:
asanka2014 wrote:

i am sorry i did not know that i should not ask for a salary like this. the reason is because i have a big family to feed.
thank u for helping me i will create a post without mentioning about money

Good luck with your job hunting.

Good luck to u from all of us asanka2014

vihangax wrote:

Hi Francesca, Nice to c u i am From southern in sri lankan boy 23years old I like to talk with you..

Dating posts are forbidden on this forum, posts like this, chasing lady forum members, are very unwelcome.
Poster reported.

This does not seem to be for me.  I am looking for a bungalow for my dogs and myself only.

Thankyou

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum]

Hi,  thanks.  I have a separate bungalow with two rooms with walls right round and your dogs also will be safe. My problem is that is going to be free in January till about November. Any way if you require our place please be in touch. Thanks. Regards

Lacille de Silva

Hi,

Let  me know your details.

Damayanthie

[Moderated: No free ad]

Good Day
I am a Native Private English Tutor from South Africa and am moving to Sri Lanka in 2 month's time. I have been working in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia for 2 years now.

I just want to use this opportunity to say hello to all the bloggers.

I also want to know if here are Language Instutes for English  (not schools) and if thete is a real need for Private English Tutoring?

I have a lot of questions but just want to say Hello for starters. :))

Nassie

(Moderated: off topic + please post your offer in the jobs section)

Hello, I am navindra from Sri Lanka. I am a English speaking freelance National Tourist guide in the country. I ca provide transportation and guiding in Sri Lanka. I am expat for the cultural, religious and historical sites of the country. If you are like to visit Sri Lanka, I can help you. Please feel free to contact me. [email protected].

hi all...

i am mahroofa i am a pakistani living in oman for a long time. my connection with srilanka is my mother who is srilankan. i am planning to move to srilanka. i hope it will be a pleasant experience.

BR  :)

welcome all...........

(Moderated: no free ads here pls + register in the business directory)

YES  PLEASE  DO

Hello all,

Thank you for letting me inn for this online community. I am looking for migration opportunity to Australia. Also like to hear about your story, if you have slimier interest or previous experience.

Thank you.

Martyfog is just visiting

Getting older and visiting blogs and learning  the process. Reading blogs in order to get a feel for expats.
Thanks for Your time

hello,
i am rikkas from srilanka currently working in Doha i am sales admin office clerk i would like to work in bahrain in future month of December i will  go to srilanka my next dream work currently is Bahrain i would like to come to visit visa and like to find job i need  support how to get easy way to visit visa

Hi guys,
My name is Zarin. I am married to a srilankan and setting down in colombo.. I'm looking for a trainer who can teach me insanity three days a week. Then from January I'll be moving to jaela ela.. Then it will be six days a week.  Get in touch attractive compensation package. You can call me at 077 027 6372.

Closed