Requirements for applying visa

Hi

I got a job offer from a saudi company couple of months ago, and since that time there has been no further progress. Whenever i ask them they say that they have applied for my visa in the ministry and are waiting until they get it. However whats bothering me is that the company never asked for the scanned copy of my passport or any other documents. The only document they have is my CV. Is is possible for them to apply for the visa without my passport?

Dear,
No, without Passport copy they will not apply for your VISA, as the Passport Details are must to apply for VISA in any country. My Advice to you is be careful before handing over your any financial details, there were many fraud cases has been happened in past, so be careful.

Thanks. But it is a very well reputed company and among  the top groups of KSA. So im sure this isnt any fraud.

Secondly they had my passport number, as mentioned on my CV. Is this sufficient for applying visa, without the scanned copy of it?

Well I can say that, there are two part for the work visa:
1) The company get granted visa for certain occupation and country. This part does not require any information from you and its the hardest part for most companies which will depend on their Saudaization status ...etc.
2) Once the above is granted, they will link that visa with candidate details. This is online process through Enjaz website. They will send the visa number with electronic authorization (to you if you will apply in person or agency to apply on your behalf).

And forgot to mention, days/weeks/months are irrelevant here ;) You have to get used to that...................

Thanks. So u mean i shouldnt worry about the company fooling me and they must have applied for visa (most probably)  and its in process if they are saying so?

Any other member who can contribute to this?

Which company if you don't mind me asking..

Sorry i cannot name the company here in public, however its among the top groups of Saudia, and i went to their office for interview when i visited Saudi Arabia for short visit. So i know its not a fraud and have genuine offer.

However what im unsure about is that whether they have applied for my visa yet or not! Since they just have my passport number, and they dont have my scanned passport.

HI,
There may be a possibility that they may not have had a visa for your nationality and they may be waiting for it.

The time they ask you for your scanned passport copy and a scanned photograph is when they would be able to apply for your work visa.

Not sure if the rules have changed now.

Thanks,
Raunak

Ok thanks.

Any more person who can contribute to clarify?

0090 wrote:

Ok thanks.

Any more person who can contribute to clarify?

I'm not sure if you are waiting for specific answer? mate, I think your answer will be found with the employer.

If you already got the offer and signed it, then asking them to set a start date irrelevant to your boarding. Its your right to get paid then you can relax............

Yes it is possible because the visa for the country and not in the name of the person