New here....

I just joined yesterday but felt this is where many say "HI" here.... My initial post last nite was asserting i am on my way to Pula,Croatia in about two weeks. I look forward to leaving the States and less political insanity as is present here ..... I have been reading all posts and see much interesting info go by. I am not really much of a "chatter person, but rather  prefer to reply tom ore specific questions when seeking info. I am not looking forward to the long flight to Pula through Zagreb, but it is a necessity. I have a myriad of questions, while knowing they will be answered as I go along,so I'll NOT take up time and space here? I DO hope for feedback on purchasing a vehicle and finding  a suitable domicile upon arrival in Pula. ANY suggestions/assistance is deeply appreciated here??

Hi Robert, I'm British and have lived here for 9 years in Zadar.
Where are you staying while you look for a place? I would suggest taking a tour of the area and do some investigating regarding areas, generally there will be a lot of real estate agents in the area, take a look at what they have. I would also suggest looking for something new, make sure that they have all the papers required and that they actually own it! Most agents will speak English so you wont have a problem. Cars are another thing altogether. I think used cars are very expensive here. When you find something, you will need to go to a Notary with the owner to make a contract for the buy, then the tax office to pay the tax on the value, the Police to get new registration plates, you will need someone who speaks good Croatian with you (hire a translator)Then you have the technical and the insurance to sort.