Finding the right place to stay

Hi,

We're a family of three (a couple with a toddler) and we're moving to Muscat in a few months. While I will have lots of questions, my first one is on the right place to stay. Here are my requirements. Would be great if someone helped my identify the right property.

Must haves:
1) Communal pool and gym
2) Very close to a mall with movie halls
3) Close to pre-schools
4) Area where I can take the baby out in the stroller in nice weather

Nice to haves:
1) Near the beach
2) Not too far away from the airport

If anyone knows of good buildings/gated communities with reasonable rent, please share.

Thanks!

Check out 'The Wave'.

Deepbluesea wrote:

Hi,

We're a family of three (a couple with a toddler) and we're moving to Muscat in a few months. While I will have lots of questions, my first one is on the right place to stay. Here are my requirements. Would be great if someone helped my identify the right property.

Must haves:
1) Communal pool and gym
2) Very close to a mall with movie halls
3) Close to pre-schools
4) Area where I can take the baby out in the stroller in nice weather

Nice to haves:
1) Near the beach
2) Not too far away from the airport

If anyone knows of good buildings/gated communities with reasonable rent, please share.

Thanks!

If you could highlight your "budget range", we can suggest you accordingly.

My budget is at most 600-700 OMR per month.
Is there a movie theatre near The Wave?
Any reviews of the MGM complex?
What are the other gated communities / residential complexes?

Deepbluesea wrote:

My budget is at most 600-700 OMR per month.
Is there a movie theatre near The Wave?
Any reviews of the MGM complex?
What are the other gated communities / residential complexes?

Dear,
I'm afraid you won't be able to find a suitable accomodation at the waves with the quoted budget.

A 2BR apartment at the waves will cost you around OMR 1000 (or above). The villas start from OMR 1500 (and above).

If you're looking for an apartment, a considerable place is the MGM itself where the cost of a 2 BR is around OMR 700. That includes a communal pool / separate parking etc etc.

However, you may find an independent villa around the Azaiba area, however that would not have a pool or a closed community.

Best of luck.