Telecommunications in Cagayan de Oro

Hello dear Members,

Can you please list some of the main Internet Service providers in Cagayan de Oro ? You may also include the cost related to their Internet subscription.

Another issue related to the telecommunication topic, is mobile plans. Can you please share with us:
>With which operator are you subscribed to?
>How are you finding their services?
>What kind of facilities do they offer?

Lastly, what is the best option according to you to make long distance calls in Cagayan de Oro ?

Your views/suggestions will be highly valued.

Wish you all a great day & thanks you in advance for your participation.

[Moderated: off-topic]

Cagayan De oro is a modern city in the Southern Philippines so you could expect state of the art communication available.

As what I knew they have lots of Service Provider.. one of it is

1. PLDT DSL
2. BAYAN TEL  DSL
3. GLOBE INNOVE

Wireless internet for 3G Phones is also available from

* Smart Communication
* Globe Telecom
* Sun Cellular

and I think still many but not so famous.

Hi prince_denison,

Thank you for this useful information. :)

Globe telecommunications is widely used in Cagayan de oro and also Sun cellular has good signal now especially their broadband but only in the heart of the city.

B***** s****! dont dare to try it! if you dare then prepare for P4000.00+ for pre termination/disconnection.

PLDT P*** is the better isp in cagayan de oro city. upgrading to fiber optic :)

=> better and Reliable than other isp..

PLDT :)

its true.. pldt is the best.. but they charged me 12,000p to get my service back coz they said i didnt return my equipment (but i did).. however i lost my reciept they gave me when i returned it.

Hi:

My name is Art.  I presently live in UAE but am considering CDO b/c I have a friend there.  I'll be looking for a studio somewhere but since I work online I'm also cautious about the internet service.  From my quick perusal here, I gather PLDT is the best bet...right?

Anybody know (1) their download speeds and (2) what kind of contact is required of a foreigner (I'm US)?

Regards,
Art