Three weeks in!

Hi all,
We arrived safely on 30 August and I'm finally feeling a little bit more comfortable with how different things are from the uk 😊

Have just managed to get us set up on broadband which only took 3 days (partly my fault as I'm not technically minded! )

Couple of questions:

- does anybody know where I can purchase a road map from?! The best one I've  is the free one from the airport but I'd really like a more comprehensive one as that just covers Manama.

- when we move to our permanent villa we'll be setting up cable for the TV....I know there's loads of threads dedicated to that and I'm happy to research for the best deal but I wondered if there are any technicians available that come out and set it all up for you? I'd look to have cable, video, TV etc all set up and done at same time and then an idiots guide to usage..... I'm bad but my husband is even worse and usually messes up the remote if I let him handle it!!

Really appreciate some advice!

Oh and many thanks for the Delmon relocation recommendation - those two Tims were brilliant! 😊

I got osn recently. Two tvs and the guys came in and set everything up. Even provided the two boxes. I'm loving having bbc entertainment again.

Lindochka wrote:

I got osn recently. Two tvs and the guys came in and set everything up. Even provided the two boxes. I'm loving having bbc entertainment again.

Oh I am so missing that!  I can get 30 minutes of free tv on my iPad with film on free so have access to itv, channel 4.....the works! But not so good for anything longer than 30 minutes 😕
So with osn you get all the British and American channels as well?

I have a vpn installed on my pc and I download all the tv series and watch them in bulk. You can also get BBC Iplayer and ITV player too once your vpn says you are in the UK.

I too have OSN on two of our tv's and a Dream box - OSN is better, like SKY in UK.

There is a free tv website called Film On too

There are no decent road maps of Bahrain - I bought the latest one and it doesn't even have area's on it.. I use a Garmin GPS to get around. The latest update has most of the roads on it

Thanks Josnuggles!

I've got film on too on my iPad but it cuts out after 30 minutes....not helpful for the omnibus of coronation street.  OSN sounds ideal.

What's a VPN?!

I do the VPN also and have already filled a 500 GB external drive with movies and series.  A VPN is basically a way to appear as though you're logging in from another country.  I use it to watch my American Netflix, download, and watch local sports that stream from back home.

I wouldn't know about the cable route, but if you're not a little tech minded maybe ease your way into downloading etc.  Good luck!