Hi, new in jakarta pusat

Greetings All :)

Im Rya. I  just moved to Jakarta Pusat for a new job. Ive lived in Bandung for 7 years. So if anyone wants to visit Bandung feel free to shoot out any questions :)

Any recommendation what to do in Jakarta Pusat in the weekend other than shopping which Im not a really fond of..hehe..

Hope to get some new friends as well
Good day you all :)

Hello Mnayoan.

Your message has been redirected to the Jakarta Forum for effective networking.

Thanks.

Karen :)

Hi! Mnayoan,

Welcome to Jakarta, if you are living in Kemayoran, you can go to Ancol Beach or dunia fantasi at northern Jakarta, but it is near kemayoran,

Enjoy Jakarta Car Free day on Jln Sudirman / Bundaran HI, or taking a fresh air at Botanical garden, Bogor, you can reach there by getting on commuter train from Juanda station. 

or just go a wandering to monas,kota tua, beos etc,

Hoping you have an ide if you see what Mas Ted posted on this link :
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=121573

if you want to watch a movie you can go to Megablitz @ kelapa gading square 2nd Floor Jl. Boulevard Barat Raya. Kelapa Gading, it not so far from kemayoran.

Kemayoran is growing area, many appartement there, but the growth is not fast like the others area

Enjoy Jakarta :)

Ari

Hi, what do you like doing at the weekend?

There are lots of bars and clubs for the evenings of course and Car free mornings on Sudirman Sunday are always nice for a walk or a cycle.

Otherwise there are always the Expat.com gatherings to meet new friends, best to check the forum to see when one gets arranged next.

Hoe you enjoy Jakarta, it's a great city (if you can ignore the traffic)

Samhand wrote:

Hi, what do you like doing at the weekend?

There are lots of bars and clubs for the evenings of course and Car free mornings on Sudirman Sunday are always nice for a walk or a cycle.

Otherwise there are always the Expat.com gatherings to meet new friends, best to check the forum to see when one gets arranged next.

Hoe you enjoy Jakarta, it's a great city (if you can ignore the traffic)

still bars and clubs Sam? :P

Here are some ideas to think about

mylifejakarta.blogspot.com/2013/08/sightseeing-in-jakarta.html

mylifejakarta.blogspot.com/2011/09/things-to-do-in-jakarta.html

mylifejakarta.blogspot.com/2011/09/days-out-jakarta.html

Hello welcome to Jakarta.

Never been Bandung.

Try whatsnewjakarta.com for up to date information on new things happening in jakarta.

Also internations.org.A fabulous networking community where there are lots of events, try my new golf learners group for something a little different? Or curry club, Tennis?

Let me know if I can help, I am a Scotsman living and working in Jakarta, been here 3 years now, so have a large social and business networking group,,,if want info on any networking, social events please let me know,,,,hope you have settled in and all is well? Kindest regards, Allan

The last post was 1 year ago.....better start a new thread  :cool:

Hi Rya

Welcome to Jakarta :)

Depends where you are in Jakarta Pusat. I like Taman Suropati in Menteng and the pasar ikan (tropical fish market) near Taman Lawang.

There is a great little coffee shop down an alley next to cali deli on Jl Surabaya and a flower market on Cikini Raya.

It all depends what is close to where you live :D

Hope you have fun exploring

Sam