Newark Kinder and Junior School Sliema

Hi,

I wanted to know if anyone had children at Newark Kinder and Junior school?

We are going to view it in June in hopes of our 7year old daughter starting I just wanted to know if anyone could possibly review it from a parent/carer point of view?

Hi, my two kids are at Newark and they just love it. They started last September and haven't missed a day yet. Its such a small school that all the pupils know the teachers which makes them feel so comfortable. My daughter is in JR1 and my son in KG1 . They do relax kids, cooking, computers, Thai Chi, Ballet and go on great little outings. You will probably meet Ms Lorraine June and she is just so lovely. Any other questions or anything just let me know.

Thats brilliant thanks for your reply. We are meeting Lorraince i'm speaking to her via email meeting up with her in June and looking around the school really excited to see what a primary in Malta is like and how it differs from English schools.
I just had a few more questions...Do you use the school transport service? Are uniform book costs etc afforable? And how have they coped with the language? :)

Afternoon, it will differ alot due to the fact that the primary school is very small compared to other private schools like Chiswick House etc!!  Yes we do use the school transport, there is only 3 vans for the whole school. Our driver is fantastic and there  is a teacher in our van on pick up and drop off every day, we have no issue with it at all. You must buy the school uniform from the school direct no choice there I am afraid. Yes uniform and books are all reasonable. They have 2 uniforms Summer and Winter. But if your coming from England before term starts, buy white polo shirts and white ankle socks (no frills). Also buy plain white trainers. As with the language everything is done through English apart from Maltese. There is a couple of classes a week. (My 5 year old doesn't do it nor does 4 others so only 5 do it in the class, they get extra maths or english to do. If there is anything else just let me know. When are you hoping to move? as they have a Summer school running from July to September so if you were keen on the school your daughter could go for a few days and get a chance to meet teachers and a few friends before she started, just a thought. They have a facebook page which will give an idea of what to expect... Ash

Thats really helpful its much better getting a parents perspective :) Cant wait to go and have a look around in June and get a real feel for the place.
We are hoping to move by the end of the year hence the research trip looking into shipping costs and transporting our dog :)
I wanted to ask also my partner would be getting into full time employment but how do others manage with children? Do you work and pay for additional childcare because the school hours are less over there especially in the summer wouldnt know what to do for work. I work as a playworker here in an after school club and my daughter comes to work with me obviously I couldnt do that over there but getting into the childcare industry would be better while shes still at primary? :)

Hi the school opens from 7.30 until 5 for working parents, school day is 7.45 to 13.0hrs everday and they charge €3 an hour after that if you child needs to stay.Sign up to Keep me posted and get all the job updates in whatever you want to work in. They have Summer school every year, and are open through Easter also. So really you only have a few weeks to look elsewhere. Nice to time to come is October as the season is over and the weather is cooling a bit. Schools go back end of September. Anything else just let me know.

Just registered on keep me posted thanks for the info :)
Were going to an expradite meeting while were over there do you go to them? We are coming for our research trip in June do you have tips on how to get a real feel for the place to live as a local not a tourist? Want to get the most out of our trip as possible :)

Hi Helz,  Just wondering how its all going. Did you come to Malta yet to visit schools etc? If I can be any help just let me know..

Hi,

I have two daughters (6 and 9 years old), and we will move to Malta in the end of September.

for the moment it is impossible for me and for my wife to go to Malta earlier.

We would like to know if Chiswick or Newark would be a good option for the kids?

Unfortunately, they donŽt speak English (just Portuguese and German).

i can't understand why are you deleting my post? I thought that i can give my opinion but now, i am not sure

in fact, in my opinion There are a lot of school better than Newark School in Malta. Maybe I can't say that, but the only thing that I want is to help to the others. They can go to the school and only see.

Good Luck

Everyone has the right to share their opinion, however it seems that the only reason you registered is to blacken Newark School. You did not share any background info (age of children, which other schools you went to see, your requirements). Not having a playground does not say anything about the level of education provided by any school.

No one said that Newark is the best school, but some people like it and they chose for their children others opt for other schools.

It is not true.. It is only a opinion about a school that I think that is not the best one in Malta for sure. But maybe is better if I don't say nothing and you can try as I did

satet, you just keep right on expressing your opinion. If some people don't like it that is their problem. If that is what you think then that is your truth and doesn't have to be anyone elses.
Please do not be put off because others make such comments.

Definition. o·pin·ion 
/əˈpinyən/
Noun
A view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.
Marcus Aurelius

Sometimes though we have to be careful how an opinion is worded as to make any direct claim may cause some legal problems.

But if clearly expressed as an opinion then should not be censored in any way.

hello, we have just moved into malta with oír 3 daughters,age 9, 8 and 5 and we are seriously considering newark school but find The facilities very limited and no playground! Could anybody that knows The school give me an honest opinión about The school, pros and cons.
Some of you posted a comment with negative feedback, could you please let me know why you disliked The school so much? i would really help us to decide. Thsnks!

Ho tolto figli da newark, perche e un chiedere solo di soldi senza nessuna pedagogia. When you are late to pay the fee they leave your kid in the corridor !!!
The private school are only a business here or most of them!

Dear Ash73

we are going to move to Malta end of Aug(our son will be 7)
He doesnt speak english or malti,that s why we need private school,i think he can pick up english soon.i have been searching schools since long time,i love Newark,but
they didnt reply me yet,
so i have few question,if u dont mind

he is in kindergarten here in Hungary:
is it possible to put him in class 2(with age of 6 years children)?
is not too late to register in end of aug?
how much is 1 year exactly in newark  junior school?(books included?)

thanks a lot!!!!!!!

Hi, Its been 18 months since we moved the kids to public school so I am not in a position to answer your questions as the management has changed. Best of luck with your move.

Dear ,
in a private schools IF YOU PAID YOU CAN HAVE WHAT YOU WANT. THEY NOT REPLY ? CALL! or send every day 10 messsages!!
welcome to Malta
kids are sponge and in 4 months they will learn and speak malti or english !
Books are to buy
uniform is compulsory
No playground where to play during the break..
and every week they will ask some money for blablabla and bla.
Pay extra if kids don t do maltese or religion, but stay in the same classroom doing ??!!

good luck