Indian Spices

Hey all,

I have recently moved to Bogota from Bangalore along with my wife... i have been shopping in Carulla and they have a limited collection of spices...Any other place where we get indian spices, atta and good quality rice(basmati and ordinary)...

Thanks

Hi Sarvesh
Welcome to Bogota. You can get Indian spices ,Basmati and  atta at palequamo market.

You can get many things at Global Gourmet.
https://www.facebook.com/GlobalGourmet

Mail me if you need some assistance.

Hi Meetu Jee,

Can u provide the complete address of the store. And whats the Quality of the atta there. Is that a maida or a proper wheat floor. And also tell me what they call atta here in this store.

Regards
Amit Agarwal

Hi Amit jee
The Shop no. is 81373 . Though I am not very sure about it. You can ask them for Atta (Harina de Integral ).
If its too coarse then you might have to add Maida into it.
Take care
Meetu

Hello All,

I am Ridhima and i am moving in from Pune with my family in December. I want to know what all spices are not available in Bogota, so that i can carry them from here.

I also wanted to know, how do i bring the spices? will i be able to bring them in flight luggage?
Did you need to use any movers and packers to ship luggage from India?
Which company did you use?
Are we allowed to bring pickles?

Please help!!

Thanks!
Ridhima

Hi Ridhima

I hope you are doing good.  Packers and movers will not ship spices or groceries to Bogota. You have to get it in Flight luggage with you.

Regards
Meetu

Sage is one of the spices that I am having a hard time finding.  I had some luck finding some spices in Exito and Price Mart

Hello Everyone
It seems interesting that all of you are looking for Indian spices. Well i own my own Indian and thai restaurant here in Colombia. I do my own tikka Masala, garam Masala, biryano masala and tandoori masala. If you guys are interested do let me know. i decided to do my own mix as sometimes its not that easy to get. Well there are some spices very difficult to get though. About Atta its not the same even you mix them. Basmati rice is really expensive here in Colombia instead you can also try Colombian rice like Castellano which is not so bad (not as good as basmati)
Hope this will help

Hi samatas > you should register your business in our business directory in Bogota as free advertisement is not allowed on the forum. Thank you.

Dear Meetu
Greetings of the day.
I am living in Santa marta. Kindly  help me to find out Indian spices in Santa marta or near by santa marta.
Kindly give me detail address with telephone number pls.
Regards
DEsh deepak

Dear Meetu
Greetings of the day.
I am living in Santa marta. Kindly  help me to find out Indian spices in Santa marta or near by santa marta.
Kindly give me detail address with telephone number pls.
Regards
DEsh deepak

Hi Desh deepak,
Sorry I have no clue from where one can buy Indian Spices at SantaMarta

Hi Meetu
Greetings of the day.
Thanks for ur quick reply. Can you give me address in Bogota for Indian spices pls.
Regards
Desh Deepak

You can get whole Indian spices and  atta at palequamo market in Bogota.
You can also check www.laoja.in
Mail : [email protected]

Dear Meetu.
Greetings of day.
Thanks for ur kind support. I will check it. If u plan to visit  Santa Marta.be my guest for break fast or lunch or dinner .
I am working for an indian restaurant  and if u know some supplier ..pls guide me.
With best regards
DD

hello dear,

I am from New Delhi and been to Cali various times. In Bogota I havent seen places where they keep indian spices however, in Cali there is a place called Bascula. its a family run shop and they have been to India various times. They keep all the indian Masalas and herbs, If you need, I might help you further getting there.***. you can reach me out through whatsapp too.
I have been looking for RAJNIGANDHA(Chewing pan masala) for quite a long, if you happen to come across any place where I could get the same would be a GREAT favour.

Thanks,
Ather A

Moderated by Priscilla 5 years ago
Reason : do not post your personal contact details on the forum

Hi MeetuJi,

My name is Anandita and I have recently moved to Bucaramanga in Colombia. I found the info you posted on this thread very helpful. I was wondering if you knew where I could buy a proper mixie with chutney grinder/ spice grinder attatchments, along with the rest of the usual attachments that we need which is suitable for the voltage here. Have been looking online and cannot find anything useful. Please help!

Do you know of henna artists in Bogota?

Hi

I am travelling to Bogota with my family in coming month. I am a pure vegetarian. Please advise/suggest where can we get groceries, vegetables, atta, rice, pulses etc and good community to stay by

@Mukerjiz hi..I am moving to Bogota from Pune this October. I am a vegetarian . So need help regarding this.. Is Atta, besan, Rava, Poha, indian spices are available over there? I am traveling with kids so need all these information. It ll be helpful if you can help

Hello Ravi and Puja,

This is quite an old thread.

What is atta ? Is it flour ? If yes, you will find flour in any country.

Veggies as well.

The link shared in post 3 still works : https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 61#2184912

You may also check their websites to find out whether you will find your produce.

Regards

Bhavna

@Bhavna yes it's wheat flour..

I think you will easily find wheat flour.

Feel free to post the names in english or equivalent in english. Indian members of the Bogota forum seem quite inactive. Maybe other expats will be able to guide you through your search ...

@Bhavna Hey! I'm looking for Suji/ Rawa, Poha, curry leaves, hing(asafoetida), mustard seeds black, besan(gram flour). Do you have an idea?

Hello U K12,

Check this old post it is still valid : https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 61#2184912

Global Gourmet

You may also google the name to have access to their online shopping website.

Regards

Bhavna