English Speaking Jobs in Hamburg

Hi everybody.
I knew for language If any one know any job for English in Hambug please let me know it becase iam a new person here in Germany .
Thanka lot

(Moderated: please post in the Jobs section)

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a job in Hamburg with English language. I'll be moving there I end of september. I hope until that time to found something:-)

Hmm

Hi  Zoanna,

Please can you avoid posting in caps lock, this tend to make your post difficult to read.

Thank you,

David.

This is awesome- Please let me know if you can give some more information about the same.I am planning to move in Hamburg in some months.

Hello rocky78,

Please note that you posted on an old thread.

In order to have information, it would be best if you could create a new discussion on the Hamburg forum.

Do not hesitate to tell us why you want to move to Hamburg.

Have a nice day,

Hasnaa
Expat.com Team

como  te fue con el trabajo yo estoy llegando este mes y trabajo en IT tambien
saludos

como  te fue con el trabajo yo estoy llegando este mes y trabajo en IT tambien
saludos

Oh David, you mean difficult for you to read?

sorry I mistake when write in spanish

Hi patagonic,

English only on the Anglophone section of the Hamburg forum, for members to read and participate on the forum. Thank you! ;)

Regards,

David.

Expat-blog team.

Hello, I'm from the USA i;m living near hamburg i speak a little German i took an A1 course but i speak mostly English i'm looking for a job in either Bremen or Hamburg that would employ an English speaker my experience is in general sales account managing or  the glass industry  of autoglass and commercial glass or freight loading or logistics or warehousing thank you so much Mel Sobbe

Helloo everyone...
I am planning to move to Hamburg in early 2015 with my German boyfriend. I am an Engineer by qualification but with no experience. However, with my fluency in English and love for teaching i would want to pursue a career in English teaching. The visa process is quite stringent for Indians sadly :( Has anyone faced such a situation? can u please guide and advice how i should go about it? How i can find work and if i would get a visa to stay for a couple of years?
what qualifications should i possess to teach English in Germany?

My German is basic as of now, I am learning at the Goethe institute, Mumbai.
THANKS!

Hey everyone..
Thanks for all the comments it is indeed helpful.
I am planning to move to Hamburg in early 2015, with my German boyfriend. I am an engineer by qualification but with no experience as yet. However, because of my fluency in English and love for teaching i have decided for taking up a career in teaching English. The visa application process are quite stringent for Indians sadly, so can anyone please guide me, who has experienced a similar situation, about how to go for it? what are the chances of a non native having a native level English speaking and writing skills get a the job? Do i have to have a german degree for teaching? My German is very basic, still a beginner at Goethe Institute Mumbai.
Thanks soo much for your precious time! i would really appreciate your valuable feedback.

To become a school teacher in Germany, you generally need a university degree in teaching.
For informal teaching (at Volkshochschule, etc.) a TEFL certificate might be enough, but that depends.
Please note that in any case, similarly skilled EU citizens must be hired first (and there are lots of unemployed English native speakers in the EU ...).

Hey, Everyone,
My name is Almaz. I'm looking for a job in Hamburg for English speakers. I'm learning flute in Hochschule of Hamburg and can teach it if someone's interested. I would be glad to have your suggestions about some other jobs in Hamburg even not related with music. Although I'm not originally English speaker my english is fluent and there was never a problem for me or for someone speaking with me to communicate.
Thanks in advance
Almaz.

any luck with this work in hamburg? ı am brıtısh no german what so ever :( thınkıng about hamburg

hi you must learn deutsch  i was there to hard to find work without knowing the language ich wunsch du gluck tschuss

Hi everyone,

I moved to Hamburg last December to join my wife that is working as an expat in the city. I was head chef in Brussels but decided to quit my job so we could live together again ( me and wife of course) I took some time to recharge energy as I didn't knew what was having more that a 1 week holiday for years. I did an intensive course in Colon A1 Level. I can speak basic German but that is it. I'm now starting to get bored at home and would like to find something to do maybe even part time. The problem is the German language of course. My Cv would get me job in many restaurants in the city but because of my lack of good german I would had to start from the bottom and frankly after working in the business for long time I not willing to take order from someone with way less experience just because of my lack of german.

Any ideias where I could find something to do? It's not even about money but more to do something useful during the day. I would be willing even to do voluntary work.
I have worked in places like London, Brussels, France and Ireland and have a wide knowledge of gastronomy. I speak good Portuguese, English, Spanish, French and Italian.
Any ideias or tipps?

tavaruapt wrote:

I not willing to take order from someone with way less experience just because of my lack of german.

This sound like, in addition to a lack of language skills, you might have an attitude problem.
Being humble is a virtue!

Attitude problem? I'm willing to work for free as a volunteer and I have an attitude problem.

I worked in kitchens for 14 years and took a lot of sh... during those years. So I tink it's understandable that I don't want to go back again. Don't take me wrong, if I needed the money to survive I would accept jobs flipping burgers, making pizza or even sweeping floors but thankfully I'm in a position where I don't or else I would never had quit my job, and moved to Germany, I'm not crazy.

My wife is currently looking for a job outside Germany and for that reason I didn't considered opening a place of my one or commit to a long term project only to leave in a near future.

I would just like to find something to keep me busy a couple of hours during the day. If it was paid  (even if small amount) better if not it's still ok by me.

I turn to the Expat.com because I don't know many persons here in Hamburg and was hopping maybe someone knew something.

Hi I am Jose Cano I live in Hamburg Germany I was born and raised in Chicagoi speak English and Spanish I am looking for work I don't speak Dutch  I've been working in printing for 23 years and also logistics can u help me thank you

Juny316 wrote:

I am looking for work I don't speak Dutch

Whether you speak Dutch or not does not matter for finding work in Germany, but you should definitely learn German first before looking for jobs.

Juny316 wrote:

Hi I am Jose Cano I live in Hamburg Germany I was born and raised in Chicagoi speak English and Spanish I am looking for work I don't speak Dutch  I've been working in printing for 23 years and also logistics can u help me thank you

I guess you mean Deutsch rather than Dutch?  I've noticed quite a few make this mistake.

That becomes more and more difficult to work in Germany without knowledge of language.