Job vacancies in bali

Hi just want to ask about job vacancies here in bali because i have an american friend who wants to Work here... maybe i can get some ideas and opinions...

Do be able to get a job and work legally you need a working permit sponsored by a local company......

If they have a skill that isn't available locally, is in demand, and there is an employer willing to pay the high salary, she has a reasonable chance.
If not, forget it.

Does you American friend have any qualifications or work experience?

Yes on sales... or if you want i can forward his cv to you...

sassyekang wrote:

Does he have a special skill that isn't available from an Indonesian?
If not, he can't get a work permit.

sassyekang wrote:

Selling what??

Here are millions of locals who are good in sales.....

Sales, or better termed, marketing, is not a job skill that isn't easily found within the qualified numbers of Indonesians looking for work.  Getting a work permit in Bali for a marketing position is impossible unless the foreigner is a major investor in the company.   

Sure, you'll say, "but I've run into foreigners trying to sell time shares in Bali."  Yup, true enough, and not one of them was legally employed and when caught it was time to "pay the piper" as in stiff fines, jail time and permanent deportation.

Better luck in Jakarta, but forget about it here in Bali, unless one is willing to take the risk.  Based on what I've seen with more than just a few go through once caught here working illegally, (no work permit), the risk isn't worth it.

Personally I have a distrust of any sales people in Bali or any other part of Indonesia, because sales and marketing is 50% bull**** talk, and being a foreigner just makes me trust them even less. If your friend really wants to stick to Sales or Marketing then only Jakarta might be possible. Be flexible and consider changing direction completely. Even take a one month English Teaching course back home and get a job as an English Teacher might be a better alternative.

It's ridiculous the number of people who simply want to move to an island paradise and expect to find jobs lined up for them when they have nothing much to offer. Those days are well past.

Hi guys,

We are planning to go to Bali in mid November. My friends are Japanese. Do you know anyone or a company that can offer reasonable price for Japanese Simultaneous Interpreters?

Please help me out. Thank you!

Monina

Monina11 wrote:

Hi guys,

We are planning to go to Bali in mid November. My friends are Japanese. Do you know anyone or a company that can offer reasonable price for Japanese Simultaneous Interpreters?

Monina

There goes a job that may be difficult to fill from local labour, but Japanese to what language(s), and will they be working in Bali for a year?

Monina11 wrote:

Hi guys,

Monina

One post is enough, three is a little overkill.

"There goes a job that may be difficult to fill from local labour..."

Actually Fred, you might be surprised to know that there are quite a number of Balinese who are fluent in Japanese, the result of need to the high volume of Japanese tourists to Bali.