1 year Visa

Hello Vietnamese expat
I like to travel to Vietnam for about 1 year help me with visa idea thank you

The maximum period of Tourist Visa is 3 months  :)
There is no 6 months, 1 year or 5 year visa.

@charmavietnam
So that every 3 month in and out of Vietnam?

No, you can extend in-country twice, which means you need to leave (and return if you wish) after 9 months.

after 9 months go out and come back is OK?

For now.

If I come here with a 90 day tourist visa, wouldn't I be extending it in country?

I looked at one website in vietnam and it says $30 for 90 day visa extension and $85 for a 90 day visa renewal. I'm unsure if it's an extension or renewal. 

Thanks

There are 4 types of Visa for your choice now: 1 month single entry, 1 month multiple entries, 3 months single entry and 3 months multiple entries Visa... If you want to stay longer in Vietnam, I recommend you apply 3 months Visa, after that you can make extension and then renewal for 2-3 times... It's almost 1 year for you...

Hi suerte007,   :)

Assuming you're traveling to Viet Nam on the usual tourist visa it's a 3 month maximum time limit,single or multiple entry / exit visa.
You should have no problem at all getting the visa re-newed twice more, 90 days each time, once you're in Viet Nam.

In HCMC, there are any number of the better quality travel agencies who will be happy (for a fee) to arrange all the paperwork and get it done for you.
The fee will vary depending on several details - single or multiple entry / exit.  How quickly you need it done.
ALWAYS much better to have a trusted Vietnamese friend or partner go with you to speed things up and avoid any confusion and / or excessive fees.

On the standard 90 day tourist visa, you can have it re-newed twice once you're in Viet Nam. For a total of 9 months, after that you must make a quick trip back over the border and start the whole thing again.

When my first lot of visas ran out, we simply went on a 5 day tour to Kampuchea - Angkor Wat and Phnom Penh tourist trip.
We did the trip with a Vietnamese tour company, 'SAPACO TOURIST'  325 Pham Ngu Lao Street, District . HCMC.
They arranged everything, new 90 day visa and included the required letter inviting you to return to Viet Nam.

But there are many alternative and less expensive ways to go about doing these things.

I wanted to see Angkor Wat and my partner wanted to see the Royal Palace, Silver Pagoda, Wat Ounalom, etc.

Going out over the border is a must - your passport must show that you actually left the country then returned.
You can decide for yourself where you go to and which way to travel, by air or coach.

Once you are here in Viet Nam, it's also very easy to arrange a quick trip out over the border by yourself.
Then find the Vietnamese embassy or consulate where ever you go to, and do a new application for yourself.

Found it a lot easier to simply let the tour company take care of everything.
Went in and arranged the tour a week before my second re-newal was due to run out, the day before the tour coach was due to leave, had the tour tickets, new pre-dated entry visa and the letter inviting me back into Viet Nam, in my hands without any problems at all.
The tour company guides spoke Vietnamese, Khymer and English. They sped us through Customs at the border both ways with a minimum of fuss.

Hope this gives you some ideas.

Hi,

I want to supply more information here:

1. Nations that don't need to ask for Visa to access VN(30 days):  Denmark, Norway, Finland, Sweden, Japan, South Korea and Russia.

2. In the near future, this rule will also open for : France, Germany, UK, Spain, Italy; Australia, New Zealand; India, and Canada.

If you do a 'Border Run', i.e. go to Phnom Penh or Sinhanoukville to get a fresh/new visa you have to get a Cambodian visa.

These can be obtained within 24-hours by going to the Cambodian Consulate and giving them VND450,000. You also need a picture (plus another for your VN application in PP). The Cambodian Consulate is near Hai Ba Trung and Dien Bien Phu - their addrtess is on the InterNet.

It's a nothing to arrange a bus - avoid rip-off tour companies - the tickets can be bought in the backpacker slum area of Pham Ngu Lao district in HCM. Get a single one-way. (You don't know when you are returning)

IF you take an EARLY BUS to PP, go straight to the VN Embassy, and file an Application. THEN, with an innocent look on your face, ask what the FEE IS FOR AN EXPRESS SERVICE so YOU CAN PICK IT UP LATE IN THE AFTERNOON. If the guy is open to a bribe, he will tell how much. (NEVER mention the word bribe!)

This will mean you can get a late bus back in to HCM and avoid paying for a hotel room. (The bribe is usually less than a room.)

You can use USD$ both at the Embassy as well as on the streets in Cambodia.

Once you have your Cambodian visa, the Main Branch of the VietComBank will sell you up to USD$300. No visa, no money. If they ask for your ticket, just tell them you will buy it in Pham Ngu Lao. The visa is enough. The counter to use is on the right of the main hallway from the front door, next to the column hear the rear end of the desks on your right.

Dejavu.dot wrote:

1. Nations that don't need to ask for Visa to access VN(30 days):  Denmark, Norway, Finland, Sweden, Japan, South Korea and Russia.

2. In the near future, this rule will also open for : France, Germany, UK, Spain, Italy; Australia, New Zealand; India, and Canada.

Because we are nice to VN (give them money called aid).

The latest decree that they want to have passed is to only offer the single visa without extension. For now you can get one,maybe two extensions but its getting harder by the day. Also beware of flying in to one city and extending it in another, a nice little money earning scam by immigration. If you fly into Ha Noi and then want to extend in Saigon, they have been trying to get extra money or say go back to Ha Noi and extend it. As with everything in Viet Nam there are is no consistency, I have a friend who just got a 1 year visa,all comes down to who you know.

Thank you everyone, it seem to be no problem at all to stay 1 year in Vietnam, well  at-least 9 months is promising :)

You'll be fine.  Just remember, like colinoscapee said, in Vietnam matters like these come down who you know, and I would add, your best friend is always Uncle Ho:

http://saigoninacup.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/Vietnamese-Dong.jpg

Some Uncle Hos go a long way

Dan is insulting "Kings" by below 50.000 bills  ;)
Green bill and above okay!

As for a Cambodian Visa on a visa bus run to PP, I've always paid the extra $5 or so that it costs to let the bus company take care of getting my visa at the border.  Unfortunately it doesn't work that way on the return trip to Vietnam.  You need to have the Vietnam visa before you get on the bus.  If you don't want to stay long in Cambodia you can get your next Vietnam visa here in Vietnam before you leave. There's no requirement that it be issued outside of Vietnam.

DanFromSF wrote:

You'll be fine.  Just remember, like colinoscapee said, in Vietnam matters like these come down who you know, and I would add, your best friend is always Uncle Ho:

http://saigoninacup.com/wp-content/uplo … e-Dong.jpg

Great pic.
I got a paper 50 thou,but skimped on buying up on paper 100 thou notes fresh out the bank.
He wanted 120 thou for each sequential note.And he had 3 bundles with paper labeling straps.
Still kicking myself.

You can get a tourist visa good for 3 months and then you have to renew it every three months.  Be careful and follow the rules carefully to avoid complications.  If you need specifics let me know.  I am a USA citizen and lived in VN several years.  I was a paralegal in the USA.  Great place to travel.

Greg

i love uncle HO.

Previously I read that many people use vietnamvisapro.com for visas and extensions. An email just today from them says they can only get ONE extension now. Here is the excerpt:

"Welcome to Vietnam, if you have visa to Vietnam, it is ok, I hope that is is B3 visa 3 month because I think you need more time in Vietnam, and if you stay here for more time, I can help you extension your visa for more 3 month, after this period ( 6 months stay in Vietnam, you can take the flight to Malaysia and come back to get new visa on arrival for 3 month and continuous stay here for your job."

Personally, i dont know what to say, im brand new at this.

Now the rules was changed. You can renewal for 3 or 4 time ( the later time are more expensive then before). Or some time you can do the 1 yrs or 2 yrs valid. I will check and let all know asap

cvco wrote:

Previously I read that many people use vietnamvisapro.com for visas and extensions. An email just today from them says they can only get ONE extension now. Here is the excerpt:

"Welcome to Vietnam, if you have visa to Vietnam, it is ok, I hope that is is B3 visa 3 month because I think you need more time in Vietnam, and if you stay here for more time, I can help you extension your visa for more 3 month, after this period ( 6 months stay in Vietnam, you can take the flight to Malaysia and come back to get new visa on arrival for 3 month and continuous stay here for your job."

Personally, i dont know what to say, im brand new at this.

If you are working here legally , there is no need for this.

bluenz we are talking about tourist visas.

caosontung wrote:

Now the rules was changed. You can renewal for 3 or 4 time ( the later time are more expensive then before). Or some time you can do the 1 yrs or 2 yrs valid. I will check and let all know asap

Question is, how much does it cost and is it multi-entry or single entry?

cvco wrote:

I know, but this is from your quote in your post.
"  you can take the flight to Malaysia and come back to get new visa on arrival for 3 month and continuous stay here for your job."

bluenz wrote:
cvco wrote:

"  you can take the flight to Malaysia and come back to get new visa on arrival for 3 month and continuous stay here for your job."

You are right Bluenz. Some one entry Vietnam working withour WP.

caosontung wrote:
bluenz wrote:
cvco wrote:

You are right Bluenz. Some one entry Vietnam working withour WP.

Sounds like a bit of a scam????

bluenz wrote:
cvco wrote:

So what do you care?

bluenz wrote:
cvco wrote:

Right right, ok. When I first wrote to the company they assumed I would be working because I asked about help for getting such a visa but in the meantime I was just focusing on the visa I have which is 3-months but then he replied the way he did. Maybe he thought I would be working illegally, who knows.

@Nam    I dont think its a scam, just one of the popular visa agencies thats talked about online.

Nam_ wrote:
bluenz wrote:
cvco wrote:

So what do you care?

You say living and working in Vietnam on tourist visa is just fine ?

No work permit needed ?

Perhaps that is what bluenz cares about....

Nam_ wrote:
bluenz wrote:
cvco wrote:

So what do you care?

More than you obviously, I don't like to see people getting false info , it's difficult enough finding out correct facts in VN.
Why do you have a VN avatar name, or is that all you can count up too?

cvco wrote:
caosontung wrote:

Question is, how much does it cost and is it multi-entry or single entry?

For Extend 3 Months single. the cost about 30 USD for the first time  ( if you only have passport, no other paperworks )., and more 20$ for each time later, If for multiple pay more for visa fee 95$.( 3 months ).

If you have enough doccument, you should do the Tempory resident card it's cheaper and safe for you.

The 1 year visa seems to be doing the rounds again at 600usd.

colinoscapee wrote:

Yes ! we have two options:
1/ we can do the temporary residence card ( max 2 yrs ). this is the cheap one about under 150$
2/ If we don't have much document required , Only need ( N7A, N7B form, your passport, 2 3*4 or 4*6 pics, residence register) we can arrange for 1 year ( around 600$ ) or 2 years ( around 800 $ )

@bluenz, you are doing fine and I thank you.

@happy hour, wtf! i think you purposely misread bluenz post just to start a problem. Nobody is talking about working illegally. The issue, and stick to the issue please, is that my first post relayed what an agency told me about re-newing visas. Someone said you can get two renewals, my agent said only one renewal is available. Thats all, thats it.

colinoscapee wrote:

I saw that as well while getting my visa but wasn't sure if it was legit so did the 3 month.

cvco wrote:

@bluenz, you are doing fine and I thank you.

@happy hour, wtf! i think you purposely misread bluenz post just to start a problem. Nobody is talking about working illegally. The issue, and stick to the issue please, is that my first post relayed what an agency told me about re-newing visas. Someone said you can get two renewals, my agent said only one renewal is available. Thats all, thats it.

Relax man....if you read my post correctly you will note that my comment was towards the guy called NAM, he said "so what do you care".....

caosontung wrote:
colinoscapee wrote:

Yes ! we have two options:
1/ we can do the temporary residence card ( max 2 yrs ). this is the cheap one about under 150$
2/ If we don't have much document required , Only need ( N7A, N7B form, your passport, 2 3*4 or 4*6 pics, residence register) we can arrange for 1 year ( around 600$ ) or 2 years ( around 800 $ )

Once again, you need a Work Permit , ( or go the LLC way ), to get a TRC . Then it's only $80 1 yr, $100, 2yrs, they say $120 for 3 yrs, but the 3 yr option only applies to LLC , as a Work Permit is maxed at 2 yrs now.
How are you doing this TRC without the proper documents?, sounds illegal, you forget , we are the ones who get deported when caught with false documents., you will just crawl back under the rock you came out from.