Hello to all filipina married to norwegian !! need help and tips!!

Elsa Rossvoll wrote:

Hi again! :)

Sorry to hear about the family reunion visa being out of reach at this time, however, the amount required isn't really that high for Norway.
So once he get a 100% position somewhere it will be covered I'm sure.
Until then, take your times with tourists visa, learn the language, learn the culture.
Thats a VERY(!!) big plus for when you apply for the family reunion visa.
The thing is now that family reunion visas can be processed at the embassy in Manila instead of being sent to UDI in Oslo.
This has caused the process time to drop from total 2-15months to 2-3weeks.
Some cases still go to UDI though, but the really clear cases will be processed in Manila.

The tourist visa/C-Visa Im not too familiar with Im afraid.
I know there are some things that will help get the visa granted:
- Someone with a stable income (salary or pension) does the gurantee form (your hubbys father or mother for example).
- If you have a job in Philippines, get a letter from your boss stating where you work, how long you worked there and that you are given vacation time during your stay in Norway and that you will return to your position when your back in the Philippines.

The last part is really to show the embassy that process the visa application that your going to Norway for a vacation and you have all intents of coming back to Philippines afterwards.

Hi Elsa! thank you very much for the infos :) I talked to my husband about it and i think its really better for us to go for the Schengen visa right now ;) Thank you again! :) goodluck &  Godbless on your application :)

it's my hubby that replied really :D anyways .. you're welcome :) Goodluck on your application as well .. which part of norway does ur husband located btw? my hubby is in Tromsø.

Elsa Rossvoll wrote:

it's my hubby that replied really :D anyways .. you're welcome :) Goodluck on your application as well .. which part of norway does ur husband located btw? my hubby is in Tromsø.

OHH YEAH THANKS TO YOU BOTH :) ohh soo great to hear my husband is in tromso too to be exact in kvaloya/kvaloysletta :) btw hows ur application now? or are you in norway already? :)

moneque21 wrote:
Elsa Rossvoll wrote:

OHH YEAH THANKS TO YOU BOTH :) ohh soo great to hear my husband is in tromso too to be exact in kvaloya/kvaloysletta :) btw hows ur application now? or are you in norway already? :)

Your most welcome, happy to help. So your also going to explore midnight sun, dark winters and 1meter+ with snow during winter.
Hope you as excited about that as my wifey, shes so excited that she even want to do the snow shuffeling in the winter, right Elsa? haha <3

Good luck to you also, hope all goes well.
Elsa is in Phils still, waiting for the family reunion visa. Hopefully it comes early 2014 (february/march).

i read somewhere in this site (in another post) that when ur family reunification visa is approved, u will be given an Entry Visa (type D).. the actual residence permit will be processed once u get to Norway and show up at the police station.. so i dont think its necessary to apply for a type D visa when thats what u'll be getting anyways..

but i nvr knew that the application is forwarded to UDI if one got married below 25 yrs.. thats a good share  :) i read that family reunification for spouse is approved by the embassy here in manila and can get approved as early as 2 weeks after submission of documents.. but yea, iv read a lot of cases when its forwarded to UDI, without providing them reasons why.. so this can give light to a lot of those wondering as well.. thanks :)

wow.! i didnt know this was a really old post... hehe sorry..

i wonder how their application went, and when they got their family reunification visa approved...