Why am i being treated like this?

I am a female nigerian who has studied in malaysia for years, and is coming back for her doctorate degree and i cant seem to find a place near the school. I email the agents, but as soon as i tell them im from nigeria they stop replying and it is getting on my nerves. I am a very clean and private person, and money is definitely not a problem. so why am i being treated like this?

Its basically because of some of the nationals from your country in all illegal activities including online dating cheating. So its that reservation in peoples mind. But sure if you are transparent and have a genuine need to your requirements, pls reply me with your contact number will help u locate a place for your stay
Kaycee
you can write to me to my email
[email protected]

Hi ceekay,

I know of all the illegal activities,but that doesnt mean we are all the same. I know of other nationalities that are involved in illegal activities,but im sure they dnt get treated the same way.Anyway,thnx nd i'll email you right away.

Hi rabia22,

Try to have a look at the housing in Kuala Lumpur and post an advert there as well. It might help you.

Thank you,
Christine

rabia22 wrote:

Hi ceekay,

I know of all the illegal activities,but that doesnt mean we are all the same

This is true but, sadly, the scammers have really messed the reputation of the whole country.
Good luck with the house hunting.

Hi I am sorry to hear that
If you can pay then I may find a nice place for you provided u
Keep the place in top form
Can you
Condo in Mont Kiara - fully furnished 2 car parks
3+1 study room 3 baths
2 carparks
10th floor
Daily shuttle service to the city and back
Let me know if you are keen ------ rental asking rm4500 but we can talk the price
Believe me it is a beautiful place
Call me 0162215405

Totally agreed. Those real estate agents should always be careful too while showing them a house.

Everyone knows these people will not respect the arrangements in Malaysia.  Above.

Celine Wong wrote:

Totally agreed. Those real estate agents should always be careful too while showing them a house.

Yes, racism, stereotypes and stupidity should always be taken into account when dealing with people from other countries.

That or your comment is extremely foolish.

Now look again.
In the UK, some people won't rent houses out to "chinks" (Chinese people) because you're all dirty and can't be trusted.

Is that reasonable, and are the stereotypes true?

It is simple. In Thailand children watch a tv show where the fair (good Thai) elephant struggles against the black (bad Cambodian elephant). A friend objected to his son seeing this and answer was " this is Thailand we don't have to explain"

In Malaysia there is some pc these days so less outright rascism. But colleagues were shown round an apartment and when a black person was seen the agent immediately said "no only one of them live here"

Tails of Nigerian men raping girls and drugs hardly ever helps. Even Nigerian (high class ones) look down upon most Nigerians! I knew some who sounded like the kkk when talking about their fellow countrymen.

Look at all the whitening creams and do the math!

Meh we all get that shit.. 10 years married 2 a malay and everyone still think i'm some tourist looking for a hooker when in thailand or that my wife is chinese when in Malaysia. Stereotypes are there because thats what locals see and often true.. no point in moaning about it. Being Nigerian you'll always have a stigma live with it..

Sorry to hear that and I fully understand you and detest people who even on this website and blog shamelessly express their racist ideas and low culture mentality. (It's easy to hide behind the bushes and shout fascistic logos!) I think, people don't want to get in touch with African people because of ebola desease.. I came a month ago and my husband expressed concerns whether they will let me in at the border. I'm not African I'm Asian but looking more like African and I lived in Russia and Holland, so I can understand you..