Moving to Astana

Hey guys.

So was just wondering wat kind of a lifestyle to expect in Astana. I've been offered a job out there and I'm in two minds whether to take it or not. Is the night life good out there and the general day to day living etc. any information or feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

Don't worry, here everything fits for living, doesn't mutter day or night.

Be aware that it is absolutely freezing in winter though, -40C ...

Most people prefer Almaty, the old capital, more cosmopolitan, a more tolerant and laid back city ... Astana is ummm, do you know the term "Potemkin village"? ...

It is blingy and weird, pretty much for show and as a place to keep the bureaucrats and politicians and attempt to impress politicians and business people from other countries ... it is really only 14-15 years old, perhaps it will grow into something one day ...

If you are coming for the nightlife ... hmmm, there would perhaps be better places and countries to consider ...

There is nothing to do , you would better to stay at home.

. I think it is a pretty cool city for going out at night. What exact kind of night life are you looking for?

In the short time I was there, I found that it is like another capital city lots of things to do and see during the day and lots of things to do and different types of food to eat in the evenings. Again like other "big" city can be costly too and taxi drivers trying to rip you off. If you got the money to spend you will enjoy and if you don't get to know locals and you could find local gems that doesn't cost the earth as well.There is the "locals" and the "Foreigners" rate here.

[Moderated: No free ad]

Freezing

Hello Roy Ash

When participating on a thread where many members are contributing too, please always say to whom your post is dedicated too.

Also, good practice is to locate the date of the thread before participating. This one in particular was inactive since september 2014!

Kenjee
Expat.com Team